Dexilant User Reviews

Dexilant - User Reviews

Dexilant User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexilant sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sylvia, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

Now, after 6 weeks on Dexilant 60 mg, I experience relief from GERD. However, I developed a severe migrane, which has now lasted five days. Today, I saw my physician and she ordered an MRI of my brain due to the excruciating, ongoing pain. The MRI is negative, which is a relief, but the headaches continue unabatedly. The ENT who prescribed the medication does not think the headache is a side effect of Dexilant. I do, because I rarely have headaches, and this one is ongoing. Dexilant is the only cause I can think of. I will discontinue Dexilant and see if the headache disappears. The pain is intolerable. Has anyone had this side effect on Dexilant? Please comment.

Comment from: Kelsey, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

I have had acid reflux everyday for the last 6 years. and Im 21 years old. Ive had two scopes and show everything is normal. Ive been on Nexium for the last 4 years. My specialist suggested Dex. Ive been taking it for 4 months now and its slowly not working as effectively as it used to work great. Ive been having extream esophagus spasms and extreme pain and swelling , with no acid. Feels like i swallowed a bunch of whole, sharp things and its stuck in my throat. I threw up, no relief. I then used Maalox and sat up for an hour . seemed to calm it down now. I really want to get off this medication instead of upping the dose. Maybe try a herbal way.

Comment from: mary, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 18

I took dexilant. I had extreme muscle pain in my legs ,upper back . I had to stop taking it. That was after taking it for 6 months. 60 mg once a day. Pretty awful

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

Medication works great as long as you don't miss a dose. My side effects are not listed but not sure if related either. But has anyone experienced weight gain and blood pressure going up?

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: April 11

Doctor gave me samples of Dexilant to try, since Nexium gives me headaches. After a few days treatment, although my reflux symptoms were relieved, I developed excessive abdominal gas, cramping and urgent diarrhea. Stopped the Dexilant and the symptoms went away after a few days. Thinking I may have just had an intestinal bug, I restarted the Dexilant and the abdominal symptoms reoccurred, full force, after the 2nd dose. I will not take this drug again!

Comment from: melissamae, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

Insurance wouldnt pay for protonix so they put me on this. It works great but the side effects are making me stop this. TERRIBLE diahrrea, stomach pain, nauseous, headaches. Be aware of these while you are taking it.

Comment from: cataca, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 18

I have suffered with sever acid reflux for years and nothing has ever worked as well as Dexilant. The only side effect that I don't see listed is weight gain, it isn't a common one but it's the side effect I have.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

Started taking medication Dexilant 60 mg once daily. Samples given by the doctor. After about 4 days gave me explosive diarrhea, gas pains, nausea. Stopped the medication at day 6, and is gradually getting better 5 days later. Will never take it again.

Published: November 23

After day one, have gone back to eating what I want to at night, even spicy foods with not one instance of waking up with severe reflux and aspiration. this was occurring 4-5 nights/week. No bloating, gas or any side effects. going on for 3+ weeks now. excellent

Comment from: radarnurse, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Have taken PPIs for about6 years now. Have tried all but Prevacid was the only thing that seemed to help. My health insurance will no longer pay for PPIs and OTC Prevacid can be expensive if you are on 30-60mg /day. My Dr. recently suggested Dexilant since it would be one pill a day with greater coverage for symptoms. Plus, it has a discount program that you can potentially qualify for. If so, the script is 25.00/month. I have not had any side effects at all!

Comment from: Marcia, 55-64 (Patient) Published: February 10

Have Reflux for over 10 years and was on Zantac until it stopped working. Dr. put me on Dexilant 4 mo ago and had total relief after 3 days. However, started experiencing extreme daily headaches and heart palpitations. Brain MRI showed normal, so I'm going off Dexilant to see if headaches go away. Might try natural remedies to help with reflux.

Related Reading: Zantac