Dexilant User Reviews

Dexilant - User Reviews

Dexilant User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dexilant sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: leese, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

Has anyone been experience eye pressure taking this medication? My vision has been weird and it feels like there is alot of pressure behind my eyes, otherwise it works fine, but if this keeps up I am going to have to stop it.

Comment from: redfox, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 21

At first Dexilant was very effective for stopping the pain/acid associated with GERD. Very reduced belching and gas vs. the little purple pill. But after several months, I was getting chest pains and heart flutters. My condition has much improved since stopping this medication. Trying natural alternatives at this point. Side effects are NOT worth it.

Comment from: Hawaii Girl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

After 3 days, I became violently ill with diarreah, sweating, and vomiting (all at the same time) I thought I had food poisoning. I resumed taking it and the same thing happened the next day. I thought I was getting a migrane, felt faint, lightheaded, bloated, gas and vomiting again. Now I know I can never take this drug. The side effects are horrible.

Related Reading: food poisoning

Comment from: Heather, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I have been taking this medicine for 4 weeks now and at first was so HAPPY!! My constant feeling of wanting to throw up from the acid has been reduced but I have had a headache almost every day for the last 2 weeks and dizzy spells that have increasinly become worse each day. I see my Dr in 3 days so I'm going to stop taking for the next 3 days to see if these problems end. I'll wait and see!

Comment from: GERDweary, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I have been taking the 60mg capsule for a week after literally taking Nexium for years. I have noticed loose stools, lots of gas in the upper GI region and I experience nausea about 2 hours after I take it and again in the early evening. These side effects are really uncomfortable. I am going to ask my doctor to switch me to the 30mg capsule and see if that works without all the side effects, if not then it's back to the Nexium and the breakthrough heartburn for me, what a shame!

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

To Leese, yes, eye swelling is a side effect of this drug. I am experiencing severe tremors in my hands and forearms. Has anyone else had this as a side effect?

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: pumper1us, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 12

I've been on Prevacid for 17+ yr's but thanks to the insurance companies I've had to take this med for the past 8months and every night and day I live with food and acid burning my throat!

Comment from: Tiffany, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 13

This medication dexilant (60mg) unfortunately did not help with my acid reflux. I feel that it made my reflux worse and was in a lot of pain. I had terrible side effects such as abdominal pain, severe nausea, headaches, burning feeling in the throat, common cold, dizziness, muscle pain in arms and legs, and feeling very weak. I stopped taking after 7 days. It's been 9 days and I'm still experiencing cramping in my thighs and calfs, & heart palpitations. It's hard to sleep and be comfortable. I've tried stretching and walking, nothing seems to help. When will this pain go away??

Related Reading: abdominal pain | common cold | sleep