Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Diamox Sequels - User Reviews

Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diamox Sequels sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Leyna, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 21

I take Diamox 500mg twice a day for Pseudotumor Cerebri / Intracranial Hypertension (headaches caused by increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure). First 2 weeks on Diamox I had nausea and was short of breath, but that soon passed. Side effects - some weight loss and frequent potty trips. Diamox saved my vision and keeps me from getting wicked pressure headaches.

Related Reading: Pseudotumor Cerebri

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 19

I was prescribed Diamox Sequels, 500 mg, 2x daily for my intracranial hypertension. The drug has been a miracle, my eyesight has returned as well as it can. I am able to perform all of my daily duties, and live a complete, happy, full life.

Related Reading: Diamox Sequels

Comment from: jezz, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

i have pseudo tumor cerebri and have just started this medication. i am experiencing tingling of the hands mostly my left. other than that it seems fine but too soon to tell if it is working. i will post an update asap

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 15

I have Chiari Malformation and I have taken this drug for several years with much success. It helps to decrease the craineal pressure which causes much pain and other symptons.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

I took this drug for pseudo tumor a few years ago. I'd had constant headaches for 4 months with no relief, and my vision was going downhill. After about 2 months on this drug all symptoms disappeared. The side effects though are HORRIBLE. Tingling in my hands and feet, and most annoying was the fact that any carbonated beverage had no sensation of carbonation (for lack of a better way to describe it). It was like drinking flat soda - you could "feel" the bubbles, but you couldn't "taste" them. Overall, I'm satisfied and would gladly take the drug again if needed (no soda is a small trade).

Comment from: thickcutie1982, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I used this medicine for a sudo tumor. The only thing I disliked about it was that it prevented me from consuming drinks with carbonation. But overall it worked well and sheads a few pounds.

Comment from: JENJEN54, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 25

I TAKE DIAMOX SEQUELS 500MG TWICE A DAY FOR Pseudotumor Cerebri. BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOISED I SUFFERED TERRIBLE MIGRAINES THAT LAST FOR DYAS AT A TIME AND MY EYESIGHT WAS GOING DOWNHILL FAST; ONCE I STARTED TAKING THE MEDICATION THE MIGRAINES HAVE BEEN FEW AND FAR BETWEEN AND MY EYESIGHT IMPROVED. I HAVE BEEN ON THE MEDICATION FOR OVER 2 YEARS (SOON TO BE TAKING OFF THE MED.), I STILL HAVE TINGLING HANDS AND FEET FROM TIME TO TIME BUT I'LL TAKE THAT THAN THE MIGRAINES AND POOR EYESIGHT ANYTIME!!

Comment from: waterlady, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I take this drug for psuedo tumor cerebri also. I started on generic acetazolamide which I had to take 4 times a day so the sequels are a joy in comparison, I get to sleep more than 6 hrs a night. I've regained all my eyesight and no more headaches, and that 'whoosh-pound' noise is gone. I've gotten used to the carbonation effect but I do miss my sense of taste. Ask your doctor if it's ok for you to take some vitamin D because that really seems to help me with the tics and tingling/numbness. I take a calcium plus D every night with my multi-vitamin, so it's not alot.

Related Reading: acetazolamide | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

This medicine is making me function again! I have been on for a little over for 3 weeks. I had an opening pressure of 46 for a lumbar puncture and was diagnosed with psuedo tumor. Since I started taking this medicine, my vision has improved, my had does not feel like it's splitting in two. The only side effects are the tingling in my feet but I eat a banana and it goes right away. I also cannot drink soda but I don't need it anyway! Very Happy!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.