Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Diamox Sequels - User Reviews

Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diamox Sequels sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 06

i have psuedo tumor and the side affects are dreadfull. i take 500mg 3 times a day. I have constant nausea. the tinging went away after 4 months and my vision had been normal. im happy the way things are looking and i hope to be off the meds within the year

Comment from: Tracy Macy, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 09

Overall I have had a few side effects that are chronic and difficult to deal with such as stomach upset, dry moth and continued pain.

Comment from: Angie028, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

My story started in August 2011. I went to the eye doctor for a routine exam mainly wanting to get new glasses. At the appointment some of the questions the doctor was asking I thought was a little strange but it was things that was happening to me and I was just ignoring the symptoms. Losing my vision when bending over, dizziness, and headaches. I started with the tests MRI (which was normal) Lumbar Punture (36) and blind spots in my field vision tests. It was confirmed I had Pseudotumor Cerebri. My next mission was to find out, why did this happen to me? No doctor could tell me why so I started my own research. I'm a CPhT at a hospital so I had alot of info at my fingertips. I came across birth control and thought this could be a cause, since I had Mirena IUD inserted in October 2010. All the literature on Mirena does not say anything about Pseudotumor Cereri but Norplant does. They both have levonorgestrol as the active ingredient. So I took this to the many doctors I was seeing at the time. To my surprise no one wanted to hear what I was saying. When I found out this info I made the appointment to have Mirena removed! I am currently taking Diamox 1500 mg daily and it's been 5 months since having Mirena removed. Other than the side effects from the Diamox (tingling sensations,ringing ears,tired all the time) I am getting better. No one is going to tell me any different that Mirena was not the cause of Pseudotumor Cerebri.

Related Reading: dizziness | birth control | Mirena

Comment from: ondesko, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in 2002 and put on diamox right alway and then 2009 I was diagnosed with chiari malformation and at that time I was put on 1500mgs of diamox 2 times a day I still have alot of pain we tryed to reduce the mgs but that made the haedachs worst so we put the mgs back up the proable is I am having proables with my kidneys I am on other meds to and I have 3 shunts in so I can not blame it on this one med I just want you to know this med has been a life saver

Comment from: Angie028, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

Related Reading: Norplant

Comment from: Angie028, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 11

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.