Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Diamox Sequels - User Reviews

Diamox Sequels User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diamox Sequels sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Damien, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 22

In 1991 I was told I had sudo tumor and would have to have a spinal tap with in 48 hours to relieve the preassure in my brain causing my headaches.It was a relief to finally put a name to what had been causing my extreme headaches for over 5 years. I was put on Diamox 1200mg. a day and for the first 2 weeks it seemed like I lived in the rest room. On the up side was the fact that I lost 12 lbs. in 2 weeks of fluid. I saw the doctor weekly for vivion field test for the first year and then monthly for a year and then every 4 months for a year. I'm down to once a year now and have been in remission for over 7 years. I found that a LOT of certain foods will still trigger headaches so I'm very carefull about what I eat. I had suffered the headaches for over 5 years and had been to tons of doctors who kept telling me I was making the headaches up just so I could get pain pills and that there was NOTHING wrong with me.How many of you had heard the same thing ? THANKS to Dr. Derman at Baylor College of Medicine here in Houston, Texas I was able to finally see the right doctors and start my road to recovery.My vision is normal and as long as I stay away from the foods that I know will set me off I.m doing ok. I also figured out that extreme heat will cause my headaches. Not good when you live in Texas in the summer..lol. Hopefully this will help others to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and if I can be of help or just someone to talk to you can reach me at badboy05443@yahoo.com. Damien

Comment from: a.g., 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 20

I have pseudo-tumor and have been on 500mg of Diamox two times a day for almost a year. I've shed a few pounds due to the fact that anything carbonated doesn't taste well and it's helped the excessive fluid levels I had. I did have a lot of nausea in the beginning but found it was due to low potassium levels so I took a supplement and all was better.

Related Reading: low potassium

Comment from: baby girl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

My dr gaveit to me so I eat with out throwing up and it is working.

Comment from: HCOSTALESS, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 24

I HAVE TAKEN THIS MEDICINE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF FOR SUDO TUMOR. FOR THE FIRST SIX TO EIGHT MONTHS IT WORKED GREAT. I HAD THE TYPICAL SIDE EFFECTS LIKE THE TINGLING IN HANDS AND FEET AND NO BEING ABLE TO DRINK CARBONATED DRINKS. BUT AFTER ABOUT EIGHT MONTHS IT GRADUALLY STOPPED WORKIN BRING BACK ALL OF MY SYMTOMS, VISION PROBLEMS HEADACHES, RING EARS, BUT I WAS VERY HAPPY TO HAVE IT WORK SO WELL AT FIRST. I GUESS IT JUST DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK FOR EVERYONE

Comment from: Ave Maria, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 24

I've taken this medication the last 2 times we went skiing in Vail and was so pleased with the results! Because of altitude sickness, I was afraid I couldn't go to Vail anymore, but Diamox/acetazolamide really helped prevent the headaches, nausea and sleeplessness.

Comment from: EJK, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

Given after cataract surgery 500mg SR, then proceeded to go into total renal failure.I am a cardiac patient, who has been on wafarin therapy for many years with no complications, until I was prescribed Diamox. I would question if this medication is really needed when used profalacticly to prevent increased eye pressure following uncomplicated cataract surgery!!!!!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.