Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% - User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Differin Gel .1% sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been on Differin for six weeks. I apply it at night time and use it in conjunction with topical Duac and Nicomide the vitamin. I feel like among the three prescrptions the Differin is the best at preventing future breakouts. I broke out a lot when I started taking it and now I am finally getting the clear skin I was looking for. It just had to fix all the clogged pores under my skin. So I give it a thumbs up.

Comment from: JNL, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

I started using Differin 0.1% 7 months ago in conjunction with Benzaclin. I had cystic acne and tons of dark pigmented scars. My dermatologist told me it would take 12 months for my scars to disappear, but with the use of these two meds together, 2 months later, my skin is perfectly clear and free of scars! I don't have to wear makeup anymore. My skin is flawless and i get compliments all the time. So far it hasn't irritated my skin at all. Very satisfied.

Related Reading: Benzaclin

Comment from: michele12, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 02

I've been using this product for about two years, my skin is much smoother and basically clear of pimples, however before my menstrual cycle starts I usually breakout and the differin gel does not help prevent them, and it's not good for spot treatments. Overall my acne is under control.

Comment from: MSIMFAMOUS, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

I started using Differin about a month ago with the gel version. It did start out as the typical drying and redness. But I then started t develope dry patches in areas that I didnt have any dryness or redness. I then called the doctor to let her know that it was worse than previous. She prescribe me the lotion version and it works the same but without the extra patches. My skin has less acne, and feels great after I apply the moisturizer. I just wish it eliminates the black spots. I will give it some more time to work.

Comment from: MsShavone, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 06

I was prescribed this medication by my dermatologists for my acne (in conjuction with Bactrim). It has been a miracle worker. My skin is clear and glowing and has been for the past year. I feel comfortable not wearing makeup and get compliments on my glowing sking all the time. If I feel a flare up happening, I immediately put this on at night and by morning, it's gone.

Related Reading: Bactrim

Comment from: candj1316, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 02

My daughter has been on this now for 11 weeks. We were told that her acne would get worse initially, and it has. Unfortunately, we are a week away form the "up to 12 weeks" mark, and everyday her face looks worse. And she's also taking Junel which shuold a help a little, also. Not sure what to try next. I think we've hit everything over the counter.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 21

Differin just didn't work for me. My skin got so oily and I broke out everywhere. It's supposed to get worse before it gets better, but my skin never improved. I still have scarring I'm trying to fix. I've had some friends who were successful on Differin though.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 24

Works great! If your acne is getting worse within the first few weeks to month, it's okay. My dermatologist told me that it would, and then it would get better. She was right! :)

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

I've only been using Differin for the past two weeks. So far, my acne has gotten a lot worse. I'm not having any trouble with dryness or redness, however, just more breakouts. So I came to WebMD to see what was up. Hopefully in about two more weeks I'll actually be seeing some positive results that the other reviewers have been talking about!

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

i began using differin once a day, right before bed and really was not satisfied unfortunately. i, with my luck, was one of the few patients who experienced horribly dry, flaky and irritated skin. my face was extremely red and scaly to the point where my already low confidence (from my acne) was getting even lower. after about two or three weeks, i was so worried about my face peeling off i discontinued use of it. also, for me, my acne was only getting worse on this because of the irritation.