Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% - User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Differin Gel .1% sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NeelyK02, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

cleared my acne up in less than 48hrs. The next morning you could hardly see anything, and the day after I had a clear complexion.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

It takes a long time to see results with this medicine. The texture of my skin improved considerably, but it was not effective in treating my acne alone. I have to use it in conjunction with other acne treatment medicines.

Comment from: cool16202003@yahoo.com, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

I started using Differin over a year ago, and it didn't do much for me. My doctor prescribed Epiduo for me almost a month ago, but because of the cost, I was unable to purchase it. Well, Epiduo is just Differin combined with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. So, I went to a drug store and picked up "Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment." It's the only Benzoyl Peroxide I've found that is 2.5%. The 2.5% works the same as the 5% or 10%, but without as much irritation and dryness. Your face WILL get dry after the 2nd or 3rd application, so you'll need to apply moisturizer. Here's what I do: I wash my face in the morning and put Cetaphil Moisturizer on after. It's fairly cheap for the amount of cream that you get. Any good moisturizer will work, though. Then at night, I apply the Differin, SPARINGLY; too much Differin can cause irritation. After the Differin has dried, I apply the Benzoyl Peroxide, also sparingly. This will clear your face up FAST. It works better than Differin or Benzoyl Peroxide alone. Just make SURE you moisturize. Your face will get dry if you don't. It works like a charm : ) If you have any questions, my Webmd screen name is my email address.

Related Reading: Epiduo

Comment from: number5, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

I'm using this with tetracycline (oral pill). I have dry, flaky, acne-prone skin that inflames easily and the cream form of Differin doesn't dry it out too much as long as I use extra moisturizer on the place of application. I've been using it for about a year and it works great! My skin looks so much healthier, LESS red, and more even-toned than just tetracycline alone. At the beginning, it actually seemed to worsen (my doctor warned me about that though so I was prepared) and after about a month it all seemed to clear up overnight! and now I rarely get a pimple but when I do, I use Differin and it's usually gone that same day!

Comment from: thatgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 03

LOVE! I battled acne (and lost) for 10 years before going to the dermatologist. She prescribed me Differin along with Duac and together they are MIRACULOUS! For the first time in my adult life I have clear skin! Anyone with acne knows how much it can affect you and being free of the self consciousness and embarrassment is incredible. A few words of CAUTION - it did dry me out at first. Really bad. Like peeling from a sunburn level of dry. But it only lasted a few days and then my skin adjusted and I was fine. Don't do the "if a little is good then a whole bunch will be better" thing. Just use a small amount like they say, have some patience, and suck it up for a few days - it will get better! It did for me anyway. Everyone is different but based on my experience this stuff combined with Duac is a lifesaver! Quick story - my derm recommended several drug store brands for cleanser and moisturizer. I started with Neutrogena and had a nasty reaction - I was COVERED in little red bumps. I thought it might be one of the rx's so I went back to the derm. After some experimenting it turns out it was the cleanser. I switched to Aveeno and have been fine ever since. So if you, like me, start an entirely new regimen and have a reaction don't assume it is the rx. Had I done that I would have missed out on some awesome results. The only thing I am unhappy about is that I didn't start this years sooner!!!

Related Reading: Duac | sunburn

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

I used this medication for only 2 weeks. My skin became very dry and it was extremely painful. I had to go back to the dermatologist for a new medication.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

It has been about 8 weeks since I started using Differin at night in conjunction with another topical in the morning. If you use this medication, don't apply it anywhere near the crevices of your nose or anywhere near your mouth. If the gel gets too close to my lips the skin around them peals horribly and is very painful (using Vaseline helps to relieve it). My skin is clearing up, especially on my forehead where I get alot of smaller, more painful pimples. Unfortunately it does nothing for scars.

Related Reading: scars