Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% - User Reviews

Differin Gel .1% User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Differin Gel .1% sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 21

I have been using the cream form of differin for only a week and my skin is almost 100% clearer. The morning after I first applied it I saw results.It has also made my skin smoother.And my skin isn't really dried out bybthis product, but when it gets too dry I just skip a dose and that seems to help.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I started using it about a year ago and I only noticed a slight difference at the beginning, but my acne wasn't horrible to begin with. However, I would say after about 6 months of using it my skin became clearer and I was noticing less frequent outbreaks. Also, I never really had much dryness/peeling which was my main concern when I started using it. I only have it occasionally on my nose. If anything, it makes my skin feel a lot softer. I would definitely recommend using it.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

I've been using Differin for 6 weeks now but I get the side effects of scaling, itchy, and very dry skin. I don't use any other topical prescription but I have to moisturize at least twice a day, and I'm not using it on a daily basis either.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

After using this for 2 weeks you see major improvements and after about a month most of all my acne was gone. I used it at night with benzoyl during the day time.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

I have been on Differin for about 2 weeks now. I have just started to notice my moderate to severe whitehead starting to start to go away. I did go through about 2 or 3 days of dryness and irritation. But, that has stopped in the 2nd week. Now it seems it keeps moisture IN my skin which is a nice change from previous products. I hardly use moisturizer anymore. It's great One note: DO NOT WAX YOUR EYEBROWS on this medication. My skin under my eyebrows was ripped off and is currently healing. Get them threaded or plucked. FYI!!! Overall, so far it seems to be working. I will continue to use this product.

Comment from: Hawkinsm3, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 17

For a teenager, my skin has always been pretty good. But around March of this year I woke up with a horrible breakout. At one point some of it became infected. I went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics for the infection and Differin for the acne. The antibiotics cleared up the infection in about a week. As for the Differin, well, it's been a bit of a journey. As expected, my acne got worse when I first started using it. Some redness, a bit of peeling. After about two months my skin became used to the product and I saw a slight improvement. However, about once a month a new zit will form. Differin will quickly get rid of the new zit, but it still hasn't cleared up the acne that popped up in March. Don't get me wrong, it has faded a bit, but I still don't have my old skin back. I've been using it for about 5 months now and I plan to keep using it because I feel it DOES work. However, it definitely takes time.

Comment from: rae rae, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

7 days into my treatment with differin and i can't even smile due to my cracked, chapped, and raw skin. i was warned, but i never thought it would be this bad. my acne has gone down but i honestly think i would rather live with zits than with this pain.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 17

I started taking this drug over five years ago when I was seventeen and it has cleared up most of my acne (still had a few pimples here and there but they were very minimal). It works very well but can be harsh at times with dryness and itchiness. I remember the first two weeks it made my acne a little worse but then it got a lot better. Any time my acne flares up, I use this medicine. I highly recommend it.