Diflucan User Reviews

Diflucan - User Reviews

Diflucan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diflucan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

I get recurrent thrush infections because of long-term corticosteroid use for autoimmune diaseases included lupus and psoriatic arthritis. Have ended up with adrenal insufficiency as a result, so must take steroid. Plus I use an inhaler for asthma. So I'm wide open to infection tho I try hard to keep things clean. Diflucan always solves the problem in a week or so.

Related Reading: thrush | lupus | psoriatic arthritis

Comment from: KeenKitty, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 24

I was prescribed this diflucan to take 1 a day for 3 days. Today is day 2 and itching has begun to clear up. Also- advice for those with recurring yeast infections or those who get them every time an antibiotic is taken: TAKE A PROBIOTIC DAILY This will help prevent yeast infections & can safely be taken daily without any drug interactions. The one I've used that works best for me is "Dr Ohhira's Probiotic 12 Plus" - it replaces the "good bacteria" that should live in your body naturally but sometimes get killed off by antibiotics or even by lack of a healthy diet. These "good bacteria" help control yeast growth as well as some other "bad bacteria" growth. Hope this helps and good luck!

Related Reading: diflucan | itching

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

I am so allergic to the OTC meds this literally saved me! I took it one day and the following day noticed amazingly that my symptoms were a LOT less severe. by the second day after i was 100% better, and this after using OTC for over a week b4 i realized i was allergic. so my condition was a lot worse than someone using this at the first sign of symptoms. All this with just ONE pill and never needed the 2nd dose the Dr said i could have if needed.150mg pill worked wonders.

Comment from: Aloha, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I was scared to take this med after reading some reviews, but I have to say it really did help. I was in so much pain, I couldn't sit for a week. That alone was scary. I used Terconazole 3 last week, but had to stop after 2 days because of side effects. I still had symptoms, so my doctor put me on a one day regimin of Fluconazole 150. I felt better very quickly. I did have some naseau and stomach cramping though. Every medicine has risks, I guess. You have to weigh the good versus the bad. This did a lot of good. I am finally itch and pain free after weeks of discomfort.

Comment from: Jast, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

I have taken it twice in the past year the first time in June 08' and had a burning circular set of 'rings" on the palm of my hand, cheek, chin, and scattered across my body. The pain was like touching a hot oven rack, with a bare flesh and later after a round of steroids...the skin peeled leaving small holes before filling in going away. The second time (yes again)April 09' I took it just two weeks ago with the same exact reaction called a fixed drug reaction. I am still trying to clear up and the spots remain as they did the last time and are in the exact same spots as the first reaction. I have used this product over the last few decades with no incidents: since when put on antibiotics I end up with a yeast infection...the doctor felt this was a safe product to use.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: MRSSPRUCE, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

One day you feel bad, then a couple days later you don't. Its a good medicine.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

My infection was so severe because I was not examined or diagnosed properly. I have had to take a weeks worth of the 150mg to cure my infection. It's amazing how even 12 hours after the first pill, symptoms start to lessen.

Comment from: Valentine, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

I get yeast infections quiet often to the point where my OB/GYN doctor finally recommended me to see a specialist. It started 3 years after I had my 2nd kid. But I was told having more than 5 YI, plus other recurring problems, is not normal. This is the first pill that I have taken that really put me out of "itching" and pain misery right away. I am supposed to take another one after 2 days. I had tried everything. Luckily, I've had no side effects. To those who get to read this, I was also told, that stress, weight gain, blood sugar also contribute to recurring yeast infections. None that apply to my case. Good luck everyone.

Related Reading: stress