Dilantin Infatabs User Reviews

Dilantin Infatabs - User Reviews

Dilantin Infatabs User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilantin Infatabs sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 07

This has kept my husband seizure free for 6 1/2 years so far but we found out that the generic drug to this does not stay in his system for some reason so he has to have name brand only.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: Kari, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 30

I have a seizure disorder due to a stroke in 2004. I have been taking 400 mg a day since then. The seizures seem to be under control unless I am under extra stress. I don't know if my short term memory loss is because of the stroke or the meds. I have a lot of joint pain, but all of this is so much better than having the seizures. I am still not allowed to drive. I also have headaches from this.

Related Reading: stroke | stress

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 06

Ever since I started taking this medication I have been seizure free. The only side effects I suffer from is insomnia.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: lilyann, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been taking Dilantin since I had my first seizure 30 years ago. The generic does not work well for me and my doctor won't prescribe it for any of her patients. Unfortunately, my ins will only pay for the generic. But the 70.00 a month is a small price to pay for no seizures. I have had two healthy children,(now grown)neither with problems. I have taken Dilantin and Phenobarbitol for 30 yrs and added Zonegran for the last 8. When my original neuro retired, I went to a new one that decided that I took "dinosaur meds" and wanted me to get current. Even though I had been seizure free for years. Needless to say, I lost a month of my life having numerous grand mals a day until my husband took me to a new neuro that got me back on the original meds. I have some issues with my gums and my memory lately, but again, it is a small price to pay to be able to live my life and enjoy my family!!!!

Related Reading: Dilantin | Zonegran

Comment from: Ally, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 05

I've been taking dilantin for the past 12 yrs. I had always taken the brand name Pfizer and recently my Dr. prescribed another brand that's not Pfizer. Immediately I started to notice that my gums were bleeding excessively at night and I have a hard time sleeping at night. This would never happen to me when I took the brand Pfizer. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 25

Seizure free for over 15 years. The new color capsule has given me a unexplaned rash as well

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: fredaej@sbcglobal.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I have taken Dilantin for 6 years with good results. However, recently (in the past month) something has changed about the 100 mg caps other than just the appearance. It not only looks different, but I now have a rash that I csnnot get rid of.

Comment from: tobagotim, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have been taking Dilantin or a combination of Dilantin and Phenobarbitol for about 55 years. My seizures have been gran mal followed by a sleep period of several hours. I am fortuante that the seizures came about one every 3 years. The last one over 35 years ago. The last seizure that I had followed a neurologist's attempt to reduce my dosage. My family doctor noted that my dosage had fallen out of the the therapuetic zone. I have not had a seizure in 25 years now that the medicine is in the therapuetic zone. I have been asked again if I would like to reduce the dosage. I grew up with this medicine in my system and am comfortable with it; I would rather continue taking it the rest of my life than risk any more gran mal seizures. The main thing for me are regular blood tests to make sure the medication remains at the correct levels.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.