Dilantin Infatabs User Reviews

Dilantin Infatabs - User Reviews

Dilantin Infatabs User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilantin Infatabs sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: January 14

I have been on dilantin for five days. The Dr prescribed me 900mg a day. The first day I started taking it I had to go back to the er. After that, few days later,I started getting a tingling sensation left side of my head and arm, lost balance and temporary memory lost. Skin started turning yellow and tinling in my head increased along with passing out. I fell countless times. Dilantin levels were really high.

Comment from: wityiam, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 26

I have been on this for almost 40 yrs. I have the gum issues, memory issues and behavoir issues. I also have an insecure issue with myself.

Comment from: dollas08, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 20

I have been on Dilantin for almost 8 years now. It works great for me when I take it. Only seiure I have had on it was when I didnt take it for a while since I couldnt afford it. My most common side effects with it are getting dizzy real easy, dry mouth, acne, and bleeding gums. Lately my teeth have been getting bad and I'm starting to forget things I used to know and do on a regular basis which greatly affects my job. My doc recenly bumped my level up from 200 to 300 mg/day at night since my level is never accurate or coherent with every test. I am still able to drive. Any one else having any similar effects?

Related Reading: dry mouth | acne

Comment from: jb, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 19

yes, dilantin does help but at that time of the month i feel as if i am still going to have a seizure. I notice I am so tired on this medication and also my gums hurt at times. I have been on it 20 years and wish I could get off it as it has caused me acne and cysts.

Related Reading: cysts

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

my eye sight has changed since I have been on dilantin I never had a problem with my long vision and now i do. I do not know if this is effecting my vision but I was told by my pain management doctor that it could affect my vision.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: lbprowheel@yahoo.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

was told by doctor to take 3 100mg tabs at night . took as prescribed . It wired me and made me dizzy . Insomnia has been a reaction w/irregular heartbeat . Should'nt It be 1-3X/day ? , just to keep it consistant in my system ?

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.