Dilantin 125 User Reviews

Dilantin 125 - User Reviews

Dilantin 125 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilantin 125 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: WorriedOne, 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been on the medicine since I was 18 and I am now 29. It helps alot, BUT, after my dental visit I was told that it could cause a GUM DISEASE in my mouth and I could lose my teeth. This is the Saddest thing I have ever experience.

Related Reading: GUM DISEASE

Comment from: ptbaur, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 08

I began with 300mg, and over the course of about 6 months, went to 500, where I began to experience serious side effects-- amnesia, lack of coordination, inability to focus. I was also taking Keppra and Tegretol XR at the time. However, I found that Dilantin, once added, made me agitated, sedated, and severely depressed. Now being weaned off of it, I notice clear improvement. Dilantin being such an old medication for epilepsy, is NOT recommended from my experience. Having to deal with epilepsy is bad enough without medication that makes your mood fluctuate like crazy, makes you feel unstable, and does a poor job controlling seizures.

Comment from: DeAna, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 15

I started having seizure when I was 14. No One knows why nothing tramatic happened, just started having them. I've been taking Dilantin for 19 yrs now & have no problems, A break through ever once in awhile if I'm stressed out or haven't gotten enough sleep. The only time I have a problem is if the insurance company say genric, then I just find a way to pay for it my self. This has made it to where I dont have to worry about seizing in public or at work or anything like that I'm VERY satisfied with this med!

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.