Dilaudid User Reviews

Dilaudid - User Reviews

Dilaudid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilaudid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Pam , 45-54 Published: July 27

My sister just passed away from her dilaudid addicton, plus whatever else she was taking in her bag of tricks. All her drugs were doctor prescribed. She went to sleep and never woke up. We are still waiting for the toxicology reports from the medical examanier, but it wasn't hard to figure it out. Please be careful to those of you who use prescription drugs. Take them as prescribed, not as you feel like it. She was only 48 years old. It was so unneccesary, and I am so angry at her that my elderly parents had to bury a child for no good reason. Thanks for listening.

Related Reading: dilaudid | sleep

Comment from: a369mi, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I had a flare-up of "acute calcific tendinitis". As I'm a chronic pain patient, I take OxyContin 80 mg tablets 3 times a day along with OxyFast liquid oral concentrate 3 times per day. However, this medication would not control the pain I was experiencing from the aforementioned condition. Thus, I had to go to the Emergency Room where I was injected with Dilaudid. Within 30 minutes the pain was under control. My doctor has given me 5 Dilaudid No. 8 tablets to keep by my bedside for the next flare-up, which my rheumatologist tells me will occur sooner or later.

Related Reading: chronic pain | OxyContin

Comment from: JesPen, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I have suffered for about 6 years now with severe abdominal adhesion's. I had to frequently visit the ER to get the pain under control. I did have surgery for it about a year and a half ago. The surgery results lasted for about a year, then I was right back into to ER. Dilaudid has been the only thing that can bring me relief from my pain. My last trip to the ER was about a week ago and the doctor gave me a prescription for Dilaudid to take home as well. I have tried Vicodin and Precocet for the pain, while they work when it's not at its worst, the Dilaudid really helps knock down the pain so I can function. Another good idea for chronic pain sufferers, to have a care plan. This last time I went to the ER, the doctor looked back at all the times I had been there before, he said to have my regular doctor talk to him and that way they can set up a plan of care for every time I have to come into the ER. No matter what doctor is there, the same plan will be followed. And if the pain is at a controllable point, where I don't need to come in to the ER, I can call my regular doctor and get an emergency prescription. Dealing with the pain is enough, you shouldn't have to fight with the doctor to give you something that works for you!

Related Reading: Vicodin

Comment from: mspoptart, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 04

I suffer from chronic back pain. I have taken Norco, vicodin and oxycontin and fentanyl patches and for sure the Dilauded has been the best for pain relief. I take about 8mg four to six times a day and it makes the HUGEST difference in my pain. Yes, it can cause constipation so I up my fiber and yes I can see how its addicting but its the only thing that works and I see my doctor all the time and if I am using more than prescribed I let her know. I can see that weaning off this wont be easy BUT it allows me to have a life that I would not otherwise have. Chronic pain sucks, but I want to be able to walk, work, have sex, play with my niece, etc..

Related Reading: Norco | constipation

Comment from: margaret, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

After an emergency surgery for intestinal obstruction, I had a good 3 week stay in hospital. When I was finally sent home I was given 1mg/4x/day of Dilaudid. It worked well for me, I have no nausea (i take it with food or glass of milk), I function normal on my everyday tasks. Until now, after being on this drug for almost 3 months, I have been trying to whine off the medication and it has been hard for me. My symptoms are EXACTLY whats described on WEBMD site. Until two weeks ago, I started not to take Dilaudid as prescribe. From 4 a day, I gradually eased it down to 3 per day, then 2 a day, until last week, to one pill a day. This week, I can go for 24 hours without it but then my body starts to "look" for it. I did not know what was going on with me physically (nothing mentally) until I did a search on WEBMD and that is when I found out that all of what I HAVE BEEN experiencing in the past week such as BODY CHILLS, RESTLESNESS, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, etc., is part of WITHDRAWAL symptoms from this med., I like the pill it TRULY helps the pain, it's just I don't like all of the side effects mentally and physically. Now What??? Do I have to be on more medications because of the SIDE EFFECTS of Dilaudid? C'mon, I don't like taking pills for anything unless it's Vitamins or supplements. I like feeling normal.

Related Reading: ANXIETY | DEPRESSION | Vitamins