Dilaudid User Reviews

Dilaudid - User Reviews

Dilaudid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilaudid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: abc.sc, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 05

I have spinal issues at L4&5 along w/ issues at C1,C2,C3. I have spinal pain daily. This medication is the only one that seems to work for me. However, only truly get relief from the name brand. Generics have too much buffers that interfere w/the drugs performance. So people when buying a pain medication, get name brand. FDA lets manufacturers "play" w/generics up to 20% in either active or inactive ingredent.

Comment from: jlf, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

I have avn in left hip and ruptured disc at L5-S1 and L4-L5. It seems like different medications work at different times so I have to rotate them. If you get a doctor that is a pain doctor, you will have more success. The meds that have helped me have been Tylox, Dilaudid, Fentanyl Patch, and even Vicodin helped at times. The two strongest are Dilaudid and Fentanyl. Dilaudid is actually many times stronger than morphine, but not as strong as Fentanyl. Fentanyl does not administer the medical punch that dilaudid does though. My wife has chronic pain from a number of diseases and she swears by the Fentanyl saying it is the best thing in her 25 years of chronic pain. I think the Dilaudid is the best for me, but I will probably have to rotate to something else after awhile longer. I guess some people's body chemistry is just unusual so if you get to a point where the medication does not work, keep trying something else or even combinations to get your relief. And make sure you get a doctor that is not afraid to prescribe. Some states will punish a doctor that does not give his patients relief. Google it if you need to find one that specializes in pain relief.

Related Reading: Tylox

Comment from: isrowley, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN CAUSED BY KIDNEY DESEASE AND WAS PRESCRIBED DILAUDID WHICH WAS GOOD FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS. THEN THE PAIN INCREASED OR I BECAME ACUSTOM TO THE MEDICATION AFTER 5 YEARS I WAS UP TO 85mgs OF HYDROMORPH CONTIN (DILAUDID IN CAPSULE FORM AND 120 mgs of dilaudid 2X PER DAY. I WAS SENT TO PAIN CLINIC WHERE THEY TOLD ME THAT I WAS NOW A "DRUG ADDICT" AND MUST BE ADMITTED TO AN aLCOHOL/DRUG DEPENDANCE CENTER TO GET OFF THE MEDICATION BEFORE THEY WOULDSEE ME AT THE PAIN CLINIC. ON MY OWN I REDUCED MY NARCOTIC USE FROM 85MG OF HYDROMORPH CONTIN 2X PER DAY ALONG WITH 140 MGS OF DILAUDID PER DAY, DOWN TO 24 MG OF THE HYDROMORPH CONTIN AND NO DILAUDID, BUT NOW THE PAIN CLINIC HAS STARTED TO LOOK AT MY SLEEP MEDICATION AND NOW WANTS ME TO STOP TAKING THOSE MEDS AS WELL BEFORE THEY SEE ME. I WAS STUPID BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS WAS NARCOTICS AND THE HOSPITAL REALLY MADE ME FEEL LIKE A LOWLY DRUG ADDICT.

Comment from: Rich, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

Very bad side effects. Taken in hospital with hospital staff administering dose. I was seriously dilusional even to the point that I was convinced in my mind the staff in charge of my care was plotting to seriously hurt me. It got so bad that I even began to suspect my wife (who was by my side over 18 hrs /day) had joined the staff in trying to sabotoge my care. After my wife demanded they cease administering this drug I started to return to a normal emotional state of mind

Comment from: medical_princess01@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

medication was given to me, after arguing with me about using morphine, which was been the medication of choice due to effectiveness for migraines. turns out i'm allergic to it just like demerol. same paralytic reaction and xerostomia. after being given a large dose of benedryl to counter the demerol, and the migraine was still in full effect, i was then given toradol and morphine and benedryl, in case of another reaction. as a result of past experience, now that hospital HAS to give me benedryl with every pain medication, not knowing for sure which pain medication is going to cause me a problem, because i know for a fact that demerol and dilaudid i'm allergic to, as well as haldol and compazine. be extremely careful when listing your allergies to medications, and make sure that all considerations are made regarding all drugs given to you, and that when it comes to giving you pain medications, that you are given what you know works. your system is already compromised, you don't need to add to it.

Related Reading: demerol | migraine | toradol

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 28

Use of Dilaudid has been to help control pain that my pain pump does not. Morphine pump and 7 back operations have left me unable to work, and many times isolate myself from contact with any one but my wife. It has taken a long and painful journey to get what relief I now have. Although pain is constant, 4mg. of Dilaudid 8 times a day has helped a lot. Naturally, I did the best medical decision in my life, by going to a pain management clinic. It's 120 miles from my home, but the trip once a month to have my pump refilled and get a new script for Diaudid is worth it.

Related Reading: pain management