Dilaudid User Reviews

Dilaudid - User Reviews

Dilaudid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilaudid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JohnK, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

Having chronic pancreatitus for 2 years seems everyday was a minimum of a 5 pain often shooting to 10. After taking Vicodin for several months (7.5) prescribed from my primary physician, I went to a pain management Dr. He prescribed Morphine Sulfate CR twice a day and Dilaudid for breakthrough pain. I actually have most days with no pain at all now. Truly amazing.

Comment from: THE ADVOCATE, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I take this edication for multifocal severe chronic breakthrough pain 8mg.up to 5 daily in addition to m.s.contin 180g. daily.being a large man-300 plus lbs. and having a 20 yr. exposure to these meds-i have found this med to be very effective orally-it seems to have a higher g. intake to actual g. bioavailability factor than ost c-2s-although tolerance does develop relatively quickly-but not as quickly as meperidine.i have had no problems with nausea but some constipation-heres a good tip-eat 10-15 red,seedless grapes with meals-and try powerade zero-a quart or more daily-the constipation will abate quickly.all in all-this is by far the best breakthrough tab available-there are problems though-first-NEVER tell others you take this drug-addicts love it-and are willing to pay dealers top dollar-this equals danger if youre not very careful.secondly-it is unrealistic, in y opinion to expect total pain relief with any painkiller regimen-dilaudid is no different.most pain specialists definitely know how to prescribe this med or any other pain med much better than family mds or internists-particularly with regard to tolerance.I WOULD ONLY BEG AND PLEAD ONE THING- THOSE OF YOU WHO RECREATIONALLY USE THIS DRUG OR ANY OTHER PAINKILLER-PLEASE GET HELP AND STOP.YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF IF YOU ABUSE THIS DRUG-AND THEN THOSE OF US WHO TAKE IT JUST TO HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF A NORMAL LIFE-WILL HAVE A HARDER TIME GETTING IT-WHEN REGULATORY GROUPS CITE YOU AS A CASE STUDY ON WHY THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE PRESCRIBED TO CHRONIC PAIN SUFFERERS-HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE-I PRAY FOR ALL OF US AND REQUEST THE SAME.MAY GOD BLESS..AN N.P.F. MEMBER-JOIN US...

Comment from: fronz60, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I take this for chronic migraines the main problem is I depevelop a tolerance very fast. For this reson I will stop for a "break". It is frustrating the difficulty in obtaining this RX. My tollerance is very high and now I have to take 20 to 40 mgs. in asingle dose. The meds work but the red tape actualy can cause me more misery.I have no criminal hisotry am 55 years old and just trying to improve my quality of life. The meds work but the system often fails!

Comment from: wdpala, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 21

started on thid for breakthrough pain, replacing oxycodone 30mg 4 x day, taking dilaudid 4mg 4 x day with much better success. i have had 10 major surgeries on lumbar spine, inc 2 fusions of L2-3,L4-5, will probably need above ones fused in the future due to added stress, the dilaudid is excellent bt medicine, along with 80 mg oxycontin 3 x day, makes for a fairly pain-free day, still get up and work a desk job 11 hrs a day...i still have some painful events but these meds make everything a little more bearable...thank you, and God bless all of us in pain, He is there for us, just go to him in sincere prayer and He will answer, i am living proof.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 27

i had severe back pain (cronic) went to pain diagnostics. didnt work. doc. gave to me for back pain. relived my pain. i had back surgery done. and now i dont take the med. it has done wonders. and i did not get a habit from it.if you take it as directed.

Comment from: Davo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I was on Actiq 800 mcg 4/day and Duragesic 100 mcg/hour for about six months for chronic/migraine headaches with little relief. My insurance company decided they didn't want to pay the $1600/month bill for the Actiq so my pain doctor switched me to Dilaudid 8 mg every 4-6 hours and suddenly my pain level went from 7 down to about 2. My pain doctor died and it took me over a year to find another doctor willing to prescribe this medication. I have been back on it for two years and except for a few major attacks a year which I can manage with the addition of Toradol and Zofran, I have gone from wanting to drive my car into a concrete overpass everyday to starting my own business.

Related Reading: Actiq | Duragesic | Zofran

Comment from: madmomma, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 13

My 36 year old daughter just died from the use of this drug combined w/other heavy narcotics...this turned her into an addict of sorts b/c she had to have it. The doc treated symptoms w/more drugs that caused same. A fibromyalgia pt should not have needed this type drug and others also as care givers we were not told what to watch for or even that she was on such dangerous stuff. She left behind two small children. Please be cautious in what/why you put these in your body. Now that I have access to her drug presciptions all from one doc and one pharmacy I am devastated. There are no do overs from death. If someone tries to tell you that this medication is causing you to have bad side effects listen to them, get help and find another doctor. She was fine that morn complained of chest hurting, couldn't breathe, severe headache but she said that everyday. She laid down to rest, taking her medications. We don't have the toxicoligy report yet but I warn you, I don't think she was accidently over dosing..I think the medications side effects were to blame. Life is precious and so is your family. Please make sure you have not other alternative before you get hooked on this evil pill.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | headache