Dilaudid-HP User Reviews

Dilaudid-HP - User Reviews

Dilaudid-HP User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilaudid-HP sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: November 17

I was given this in the emergency room when I had a severe migraine and it made a noticable difference. The last 2 times I had severe pain I was given demerol with very little relief.

Related Reading: migraine | demerol

Comment from: kpadilla, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I visited the er for excrutiating pain in my neck. After vicodin, naproxen, darvocet, morphine, finally it was dilaudid-hp injection that eased my pain.

Related Reading: vicodin | dilaudid-hp

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I have been opiate tolerant due to severe injuries. Upon an emergency surgery, The only drug that worked for my pain was dilaudid. I took it in high doses(12mg), and the morphine would not phase my pain. When mixed with fentanyl inj., it worked best. I will never forget the level of comfort I had, when I was in terrible agony. This is the best drug ever made.

Related Reading: dilaudid

Comment from: duggerspud, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 09

I have not found a great drug to overcome severe pain, just take the edge off. Dilaudid can do this, but, take notice of dosage; make certain that your doctor is very knowledgeable of all possible interactions. This is an extremely strong narcotic.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain. After the the nurse gave me an IV with dilaudid within 2 minutes the pain was gone, and i felt good. It did constipate me though.I gave it 3 stars for ease of use bacause, it is an injectable. I had no dizzyness or vomiting. Nothing, just felt better. Really relaxed.It turned out i have a very large gall stone. I recomend this drug for severe pain.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: babysasha, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

This medication like to have blown my head off. My ears started ringing, severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting, it was awful. I was given two different types of anti nausea meds in iv to stop the side effects, however, didn't work. I slept for a full day from 1 mg of dilaudid iv. Will never have the stuff again! I thought I was overdosed.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

Iam opiate tolerant, after I injured my testicals and had operation the only drug that gave me any pain relief was dilaudid-hp-inj!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

I was given this med to help relieve the pain after having a liver biopsy. It made me so sick that I thought that I was going to die!!! I would have rathered endured the pain than taken this med! This drug should be banned!!!! It took 5 days for me to bounce back from all of the nausea, dizziness, and loss of appetite.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I was given this injection when I was taken to the emergency room for severe stomach cramps and bloody diarreah. It turns out, I had food poisoning which resulted in infectious colitis. After the nurse injected this into my IV, within a minute or two the pain went away.

Related Reading: food poisoning | colitis