Dilaudid-HP User Reviews

Dilaudid-HP - User Reviews

Dilaudid-HP User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dilaudid-HP sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

The quaility of potentence of the medicence its potent, although you must be quailified to inject the meds. Overall pain relief is excellent but there's a short life of the med. so in addition I suggest a break through pain med, like an oxycodone.

Comment from: cj, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

I have just changed from Morphine 25ml to Dilaudid 5ml and will probably be "bumped up" slightly Sept 1st. The last 2 weeks has given me more relief than I have had in I truly cannot remember when. I am grateful to everyone at my Pain Clinic. p.s. this is my 1st time here and perhaps I may not be on the correct Dilaudid site - I have an epidural pain pump. As of now I am still having to maintain with 300mc Fentanyl patches every 72 hrs. and oral morphine tabs. 30mg. 1-2 every 4-6 hrs. no more than 6 per day. I have had my pump for 1 1/2 yrs.

Comment from: chav, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 20

WORKS BEST IF I USE 4QH'S

Comment from: Crys, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 14

I was given an injection of Dilaudid after a shot of toradol, morphine failed to releive pain from severve muscle spasms and pain from a herniated disk and sciatica. It worked well for the pain but the vomiting was bad.

Related Reading: toradol | muscle spasms | sciatica

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

It is good as far as helping ease pain. I have used it for both post-surgical pain & monthly severe uterine pain. The only problem I had with it was even after taking one pill, I would have these dizzy spells off & on over a few weeks period. Drink alot. I found it dehydrated me alot. And, if you're prone to constipation, take a laxative to help.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: TwoDimes, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

I have a chronic back pain issue. I have had to go to an E.R. several times when the pain has been completely unmanageable - absolutely excruciating. Each time that I have been given either Dilaudid 2mgs IM or IV, I end up having difficulty urinating, having violent shivering and shaking that lasts for hours, very increased anxiety/panic, and pounding headaches. I, as well, will have internal hallucinations, (seeing colors, shapes, images) and develop constipation. I, simply, cannot use Dilaudid. I regret the fact that when my pain is "out-of-control" I return to an E.R., knowing full well that I will get some short-lived pain relief but also will get all of the symptoms that I have mentioned.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Microdisc, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

No doubt the drug is powerful. I was given the drug via IV. It is important they inject the drug slowly as any faster than 90 seconds caused me extreme dizziness and made me nauseous. It also is short lived. I was better served by a combo of long acting OxyContin and shorter term oxycodone.

Related Reading: OxyContin

Comment from: mizzocajon, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 02

I have RA in my spine and MS. I take Oxycontin and Oxycodone on a daily basis, but when I overdo some days I have to have extra help in managing the pain. I have to go to the ER and get a shot Dilaudid. It helps me very much so that I am able to come home and get some rest. It does keep me awake for a while though. Some people go to sleep on Narcotic, they keep my awake so I dont take them to close to bedtime, but on the nights that I need a shot I usually stay up until about 2a.m. or so. That is the only problem I have with this drug. It is one of the best pain releivers I have found though that allow me to relax and not have the horrid pain that I sometime have.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

I was in ER for shortness of breath, chest knotting pain and could not lay flat without chest knotting up. I was injected with this medication TWICE along with anti-nausea drug within 15 span to stop the knotting of muscles in my chest so I could lie flat for cat scan of chest. Immediate vomiting and then severe convulsions (no memory of all this - my husband said took several hours before I calmed and could talk without stutter or stop involuntarily convulsing)I now have kidney infection and pain. NEVER TAKE AGAIN!!

Related Reading: kidney infection