Diovan HCT User Reviews

Diovan HCT - User Reviews

Diovan HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diovan HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: miss lucy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 10

I have put weight on through the middle section, I have severe, constant sinus congestion and I do not feel as energetic as I was prior to taking this med. I am going to ask my Dr. to put me on something else -or I will use natural remedies to lower my BP. I hope the weight comes off and my sinus problems subside.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: April 02

This drug is terrible---weakness, weight gain, tired, nausea, back and joint pain. It should be off the market.

Published: November 05

I am very glad this worked for me but they need a generic version as it is too expensive. One time the insurance charged me $65 then the next they wanted $86.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 19

This drug works well to lower you blood pressure.....but...I have gained significant weight, experienced daily headaches and muscle pain, anxiety, thinning hair and a general feeling of sickness.

Related Reading: muscle pain | anxiety

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

I have been on this medication approximately 4 or 5 weeks. I have had nearly constant diarreah. Am I the only person with this problem?

Comment from: brian, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

I some times have minor dizzyness and light headed feeling. But other tha that I have a 118/78 bp instead of 140/90 bp. I am curetly on 320/12.5 diovan hct med.

Comment from: alfie2utoo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

My Dr. prescribed diovan after another blood pressure drug caused very agitating coughing spells that were very uncomfortable. After several weeks the coughing subsided. My blood pressure has lowered nearer to my target range.

Comment from: meinPA, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

I was prescribed 160mg. Went to the 160mg/25 HCT. The first few weeks I was fatigue a little but pressure was down. Went to 320mg/25mg and now I have heart burn and indigestion. Went back to 160mg/25. I have weight gain,fatigue moodiness and now lack of frequent urination. My pressure flucuates and my doctor will not take me off of it. I dont like it but my pressure stays under 130/ and under /90. So whadda do......

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: sas, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 15

Lowered bp to normal after 3 weeks with no side effects except slight fatigue and dizziness. 80-12.5 mg dose. During 4th week experienced uncontrollable diarreah, hair loss, nightmares and mood swings/depression. I would not evaluate this drug for use on a long term basis until on it for at least 4 weeks. Trying dandelion greens and tea as alternative to drugs.

Related Reading: nightmares | depression