Diovan User Reviews

Diovan - User Reviews

Diovan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diovan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ingleside, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

It controls my BP in the low end 130/70 but after 1 1/2 mons. I am getting joint pain in various areas. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: 55-64 Published: September 27

This drug makes me irritable, causes me to depersonalize, causes palpitations, jittery, nausea, just don't "feel right."

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: E. Claire, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I took this drug for 3 or 4 years. It lowered my blood pressure pretty well but I had to increase the dosage to 80 mcg (I'm very sensitive to drugs) about a year ago. I gradually started to feel worse and worse, with my back aching and soon my joints and muscles. I couldn't exercise without 3 days of really sharply sore muscles. I told my doctor about the sore back and joints and muscles and was told that "It's part of getting old". But it wasn't. I finally pulled/tore a ligament and muscle in my shoulder and needed Physical Therapy. Through all of these sore backs and joints and muscles, I was taking Ibuprofen just to function in my daily life. My doctor ran my blood tests and my liver function tests were bad. Bad enough that she took me off of Diovan. It was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders--within 2 days I could get out of bed without hobbling when I started to walk. My back started to feel better. My shoulder began to heal. I could exercise and not be sore for 3 days. I don't need Ibuprofen anymore. My normal energy level has returned. And my liver function tests are getting better. I should have insisted that my doctor take me seriously when I told her my muscles and joints and back hurt and that the hurt was different from sore muscles, much sharper. Plus, what good is a drug if you need an NSAIDS to tolerate it's effect on your body. Hopefully my liver is not permanently damaged!

Related Reading: Ibuprofen | liver | Diovan

Comment from: Keith, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

After taking Diovan, I've had a great reduction in sexual desire/ability and noticed a big difference in stamina, I have none. It may be just me, but the coinsidence is to great.?? Am I wrong, or what?? I'm always tired. My doctor tells me it me.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

It will make you very tired so its best if taken before bed.

Comment from: DORIS, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

DIOVAN AND DIOVAN HCT YOUR HAIR WILL DISAPPEAR. I LOST MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR BECAUSE I TOOK DIOVAN. OTHER BAD EFFECTS DIZZINESS, STOMACH PAIN, ETC. ETC. THIS DRUG SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MARKET. ACCORDING TO THE LANCET JOURNAL, DIOVAN WILL CONTRIBUTE TO BREAST CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER & LUNG CANCER.

Related Reading: DIOVAN HCT | DIZZINESS | BREAST

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

Since I started taking this medication, I am very tired, irritable, palpitations, very jittery and very dizzy. I just don't feel right at all.

Comment from: nate, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 18

Drug has caused major back pain. I did not realize this was my problem until I ran out of pills on vacation for 10 days. After three years my back pain was gone. I tested the drug by taking it again for 3 days. After 2 days my pain was back and by day 3 I could not tie my shoes. I am 38 year male. Excellent condition - 5'10" 179 pounds. Lift Wts and run a minimum of 3 miles a day.

Comment from: skbgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

It has slowly lowered my blood pressure. I also used to get head aches, but when you take diovan, you have to drink a LOT of water or you will have head aches. It helps to drink stuff like gatorade or vitamin water or other fluids containing potassium to get rid of leg/muscle cramps, in spite of what it says on the "drug interactions" part.

Related Reading: muscle cramps