Diovan User Reviews

Diovan - User Reviews

Diovan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diovan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 17

the blood pressure's been impressively lowered, but seem to have lots of fatigue, back pain, and joint aches with this med. Liked ToprolXL but developed a nasty cough and had to discontinue. Norvasc caused lots of swelling in lower extremities. Guess the Diovan is the best so far but would like to get rid of the back and joint pain that seems to be a side effect of the med. The 10 pound weight gain hasn't made me a fan of this med, either, but dropping the systolic pressure from 237 to 130 is pretty impressive.

Related Reading: fatigue | cough | Norvasc

Comment from: ll, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 20

My blood pressure has been lowered. But I am experiencing joint pain in my legs. I am glad I found this site and read the reviews. I thought maybe it was the little weight I gained. This is terrible I can not straighten immediately upon standing.

Comment from: JamDenison, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 07

I noted a lot of dissatisfaction with high blood pressure meds, but they are only covering up issues your body is screaming at you about. My doctor asked me if I was taking fish oil (yes, 2 tabs) and she said double it. My BP went down quite a bit. Then I switced to 3 women's Mercola krill oil tabs per day, plus CoQ10 and 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 (have this tested) and 2 large cups of green tea per day. BP went down from 170/90 to 120/70--perfect! As we get older, our bodies suffer more and more irreparable damage from the environment. You need to find out what is causing your BP to go up and fix it--not gloss over and chemically medicate it. The American Heart Association is lying on it's website when they claim "no one knows why a person has high blood pressure." There are tons of studies out there on natural substances and fixing your diet (no sugar, low carb)to lower your BP, the better your blood sugar is, the better your blood pressure will be, in general. Get a meter and use it. Keep your blood sugar in the recommendations of the meter mfgr which are the same as the American Diabetes Assn. Good luck to you all.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | Diabetes

Comment from: runsfree48, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

59 year old caucasian with 10 year history of HTN. Was on 2.5 mg of Vasotec, but it stopped working three months ago (a lot to stress). MD put me on 320 mg of Diovan ... all hell broke loose: severe abdominal cramping; felt like I was getting an ulcer with gastic burning; explosive and watery stools; extreme fatigue; weak as a kitten (I was an Olympic lifter in my youth and am still very strong ... before Diovan); chest congestion; very runny nose; cannot make sense of a simple newspaper article (I have five graduate degrees); very cold extremities; and memory dysfunction. MD told me there would be no side effects! I hate this stuff! I will cut my dose to 80mg for the next week. I'd rather have the HTN. Be very cautious with this stuff (Diovan).

Related Reading: Vasotec | stress

Comment from: geocan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

Been on this med for over two years and have developed leg cramping, joint pain, feet swelling, and gout diagnosis. Willbe changing my doctor because he emphatically states these conditions not caused by drug. never had these symptoms prior to using this drug. Doctor is as bad as the drug!

Related Reading: gout

Comment from: anotherhpb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

i am a female age 58 and has been talking this med now for a momth. i am having bad headache and my heart is racing very fast and at night i can actually hear it beating.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: darrell, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

Headache,nausa,heartburn,dizzness,musle weakness and pain,joint pain, after taking 60mg for 10days became confused with numbness in fingers and toes, agatated. Heart rate stayed between 90 and 102. urine turned dark. Sleepless for nights.This drug should be taken off the market, it is very dangerous.

Related Reading: heartburn