Diovan User Reviews

Diovan - User Reviews

Diovan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Diovan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Female Published: November 24

My twin brother was taking this medicine for about two months, while I was taking benicar with no side affects. After those two months he experienced alopecia as a side affect from it, this is when you lose all the hair on your body. His doctor told him to immediately discontinue taking Diovan oral. Now he's waiting for the bald spot in the back of his head to grow back.

Related Reading: benicar

Comment from: Jan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I am very fit and teach 25 hrs of exercise a week. Family history of HPB. Diovan works great, but I experienced hair loss, fatigue, left hip pain,left bottom eyelid twitching, left chest muscle pain, and non-stop cough/colds. No more for me!

Related Reading: hair loss | muscle pain

Comment from: my5chu, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

though it has lowered my blood pressure, I've gotten dibilitating side effects from it. Severe joint pain, very tired all the time and decreased libido. Talked to my DR. and hopefully we'll try something else or go to another doctor.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 08

160 mg every 3 days, all was fine---went to 160 mg daily, dizziness especially when standing up, would wake up with heart pounding, difficulty sleeping, jittery, eating an enormous dinner--I am glad I am not alone and found this website!

Comment from: ss, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 16

I am wondering what other drugs can be used in place of diovan. My husband has recurrent pain in his knees, ankles and feet, which include swelling and inability to walk due to pain and restictive movement in these areas. I understand that joint pain is a known side effect of this drug.

Comment from: sbart51, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

I have beeb taking diovan for a year and it has decreased my blood pressure,but I have joint pain,tiredness,acid reflux and now I have a dey cough....not sure which is worse High blood pressure or all of these other side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

Taken Diovan 180mg for 8 months now, it has lowered my BP to normal. Side effects I experience: 12 pound weight gain in the first 2 months, muscle pain and weakness especially after being on my feet for awhile, overall feel more tired, and more frequent acid reflux. Not sure if this medication is worth taking.

Comment from: wendy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 31

I took this medicine for 6 months. After 4-5month of taken this drug, I started to feel that my legs and arm get weaker and weaker, hardly to go upper/down stairs. muscle shirnk. Change amount of urine, fatcgue, I felt these symtoms may related to Divan. I cheked it from internet,it's rare side effect,called Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis). I stopped it immeditly.

Related Reading: rhabdomyolysis

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 01

I was on the 80mg Diovan and it failed to lower my blood pressure. Dr changed me to the 180 and was working fine for a couple weeks. After 3 week, I started to feel muscle pain in my legs, my jaw started hurting, felt my skin itch, increased heart rate and started to feel jittery/anxiety. Going to the doctor tomorrow to get a new prescription. Are there are natural alternatives to Diovan?

Related Reading: anxiety