Ditropan XL User Reviews

Ditropan XL - User Reviews

Ditropan XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ditropan XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

Inititally I was treated with a 5mg pill taken 3 x daily. So I asked my doctor for a once a day pill and rec'd. the 10mg er (extended release) and I am experiencing good results as of day two.

Comment from: Vicky Lee, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 26

I have taken this med for about 5 years. I have lost most of my teeth, the dentist said it will try all of the mositure from your teeth and that is what happening. We need to drink water for are teeth. This is something I never knew. I have lost all moisture in my fingertips and bottom of my feet. I cannot turn a page with my finger without using something to help me. And constipation, also another issue. And lastly I have pains in my head. I had a MRI and my vessels in my brain are very small. And swelling with leg pains. This med has been a total train wreck. Destroying everything it can.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Eric B., 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I was diagnosed with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome 4 years ago or Chronic non-bacterial prostasis. The 1st drug I tried that helped was Ditropan. At first I took 5mg twice daily after a few months the dry mouth began to go away. The drug worked great for about one year, then I started getting abdominal pain and eventually the drug stopped working altogether. I still take this drug periodically when I have flare-ups or just need something to make the feeling that I have to urinate go away for a day. However, these days the drug only works for a few days and the side effectas and abdominal pain comes back. I don't know if this information will help anyone. I was just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience. It feels like my body has built up a tolerance to this drug. I can be reached at anaheimshaolin@yahoo.com

Related Reading: Ditropan | dry mouth | abdominal pain

Comment from: Allysa, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 22

I was put on this medicine for my IC and I love it! It is my pain pill because it helps with the pain soo much! I take 1 10mg a day and I can't live without it as I won't be able to walk or do any activities with my kids if it wasn't for this medicine! I am very happy with this med as I can't take Elmiron because of the side effects, but I watch my diet and take this regularly and I hope my IC gets better over time!

Related Reading: Elmiron

Comment from: pagecat2, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

It has made me go more

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

Prescibed to me for pain after urination. Frequent and sudden need to urinate. It caused severe cramps and did not help my condition. I took it for a week and stopped. I am just living with my condition for now.

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

have been taking this drug for months and wake up wet all night. Have to get up 3 times to urinate. Feel I am wasting my money on this drug.

Comment from: Shirley, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 18

I have been on this medication for a year. It has given me my life back. I couldn't go anywhere unless I knew where the bathroom was. I couldn't take walks with my husband because I couldn't hold it.

Comment from: maryjo, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 30

Have had stomach problems, extreme sleepiness, fever, swelling of hands and legs, pounding heartbeat, and blurred vision. I went to doctor to report all of the above not connecting these problems with the drug Oxybutynin. My doctor apparently did not connect also and wanted to put me on an antidepressent! I checked webmd for any side effects to this drug and found all of the above to be connected. I have suffered greatly for many weeks. I hope going off the medication with return me to my normal life even if I have urinary incontinence.

Related Reading: fever | urinary incontinence

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.