Ditropan XL User Reviews

Ditropan XL - User Reviews

Ditropan XL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ditropan XL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I have to keep a towel besides my pillow because sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night I can hardly hold it in. I put the towel between my legs till I reach the toilet. I may need a stronger dose.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 06

Ditropan XL 15 has been the most successful medicine to help with my overactive bladder. I've tried the generic, Oxybuton, to save money, but I experienced dizziness; lately my mail order pharmacy changed me to Enablex. I tried it for one month, but it didn't help at all. My physician just wrote me a new prescription for Ditropan; however, it's hard to locate a pharmacy that carries it now.

Comment from: Donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 23

I have been taking this medication for 3 months, and it hasn't worked for me. I tried Detrol LA first, and that didn't work either. I was told to take 3 pills per day now of the Ditropan to see if that works. I will post results in a few months.

Related Reading: Detrol LA

Comment from: MRSDJMCW, 35-44 (Patient) Published: August 25

I have had this condition (frequent urination) on and off for over 20 years. This medicine gave me my life back. When I first went on it, I almost gave up...but stuck with it and finally got effective relief after several weeks of regular use. My husband and I like to attend outdoor concerts, car shows, etc. and it is difficult to enjoy when I am constantly looking for a bathroom. Sometimes the lines for the porta-potty was so long,I'd miss half the concert. I would avoid drinking anything, but even that did not help with the urgency feeling that haunted me. My gynecologist started me on this med and I am forever grateful. Thanks to ditropan for making life carefree and enjoyable. The only side effect is a VERY dry mouth and lips, but drinking water helps,and doesn't make me run to the bathroom anymore. I wish I could have had this 20 years ago!!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 06

I have been on Ditropan for 2-years. I can set through meetings and not worry. Other than occasional constipation this drug works for me. It is too expensive.

Comment from: MamaWade, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been taking this medication for over 10 years with great success. The side affects are only slightly annoying - extreme thirst, sleepiness - but are a small price to pay for the ability to function normally. Have developed Dry Eye Syndrome in the last 6 months and am not sure if it is related to the long-term use of the drug or not.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

I was given this medication after bladder surgery, because for no apparent reason I start to leak upon standing up or walking. I did as my doctor suggested and waited for 3 months after surgery before taking the pills. I have been given the generic extended release form and it is not helping. I am getting side effects of drowsiness, dry mouth and upset stomach after I eat. I am wondering if I should notify my doctor or take them another two weeks.

Comment from: Lois G., 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have been taking this drug for a number of years. I recently had to increase from 10 mg to 15 mg per day. It has been very effective for me.

Comment from: sdavidek1, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 24

My husband had a stroke and since then wakes every 2 to 2-1/2 hour in the night to urinate. At the rehab center the doctor ordered this medication, he is still up every 2 to 2-1/2 hours to urinate and sometimes every hour. We will talk to his primary doctor at his next appointment.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

The dry mouth is the worst experience. And a funny taste in my mouth.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.