Ditropan User Reviews

Ditropan - User Reviews

Ditropan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ditropan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jlarey24, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

OUr son was put on this medication because he wets his pants a lot and he says he can't control it. I don't feel like this medication is working for him. Since he's been on it he doesn't eat very much and when he does put food in his mouth, he has a hard time swallowing and he ends up spitting it out. Maybe this is due to his mouth being so dry which is a side effect of this medication.

Comment from: mandydog, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

Inconvenient to remember to take 3 times a day. Side effects=dry mouth & throat, nose is dry and inflamed, indigestion, nausea, feeling like I want to throw up, lack of saliva to the point of thoat feeling kike it is sticking shut sometimes (and I drink a lot of water).

Related Reading: dry mouth | indigestion

Comment from: miagrrl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

i know some have complained about the dry mouth, but mine is not very bad. slight dry mouth is a small price to pay for the time i earn back from not being in the restroom. i am leaking less urine and going about half as much. i took more expensive medications and this one works as well, and its a fraction of the cost.

Comment from: SoozeB, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 29

I already have dry throat syndrome and this not only made it worse, it also felt like my throat was swollen and I had difficulty swallowing. Even worse was the really bad heartburn. I'm calling my doctor on Monday for something else.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

It causes extreme dry mouth, and tremors

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Mounted3, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 23

Ditropan was recommended immediately following Prostate removal due to cancer 3 years ago. Recent PSA results confirm no cancer. Occasional and minor leakage still requires constant protection with pad. I decided to try weaning from Ditropan as an experiment. It's been 2 weeks and find NO CHANGE in frequence nor amount of leakage.

Related Reading: Ditropan | cancer

Comment from: none, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

dry mouth is really bad. and it doe's not seem to work at all.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

What a relief! I am on day 2 of taking oxybutynin 5mg (the generic for ditropan) and I couldnt be more satisfied! I have had problems holding my urine in since I could remember and frequent urination. As a child, the doctors told me I "would grow into my bladder" whatever that means lol. On a normal night, I would've woken up atleast twice, but last night was the first time EVER that I slept through the night with out HAVING (that second) to go pee AND I even fell back to sleep for 2 hours!! When I woke up, I made it to the bathroom with ease! Seriously, I highly reccommend this medication. Now if only Ditropan could make me a spokeswoman!! Thank you Ditropan for giving me my life back!! :)

Comment from: wardandceleita@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

Seems to have given relief relative to my former frequent urges to urinate. I have a fairly good experience with this drug. Had a cough prior to using this drug and it seems that it continues (Dry/irratated Throat).

Related Reading: cough

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.