Ditropan User Reviews

Ditropan - User Reviews

Ditropan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ditropan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Vet1963, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

I have this as: Oxybutynin Chloride, 5 mg after multiple urine tests / cultures which were negative. The side effects from this drug are so bad I only use this as a "last resort" so that I can sleep. It is effective but my mouth and throat became extremely dry as well as my eyes being so dry in the morning I couldn't open them without pain. My throat became so dry it affected my voice. I am a female veteran and this was probably the least expensive drug. I am going to ask my primary care doctor for something else. I am also taking vaginal estrogen, twice a week. Not sure about that, yet. I have also had constipation and bloating. Which is worse - getting up to go to the bathroom every hour or the side effects?

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Angel, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

I found it amazing to treat my hyperhydrosis (auxilla, hands and feet). It seemed like a miracle cure, after trying other options for years. And I was able to deal with the side effects of dry mouth, dry nose, dry and sore throat....it was all far better than shaking someone's hand with sweat literally dripping from my fingers, or avoiding any meetings in the afternoons, once I had body odour. But I wasn't able to deal with the dry vagina I also got. In fact, that was bad enough for me to stop taking the drug - which was not an easy decision to make. I'm still searching for something I can do to combat this side effect, so that I can start taking the drug again, and also once again enjoy spontaneous love making with my fiance. If anyone has suggestions, I'm very keen to hear them. Thanks.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: Deenise, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

I started taking this fir a leaking bladder that was uncontrollable. Since taking I have not seen a big difference could be because I need surgery to tack up my bladder but I am trying everything not to have to. No side affects that bother me

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

I have been taking this medecation for two weeks and i still have painful urination

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

I have only used this medicine for approximately 1 week. I have severe dry mouth, and also having trouble urinating when I need to, I have to strain, eventually I will go. So far I am not really sure I want to continue this medication

Comment from: ted34446@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 08

Works great but I have a dry mouth with the drug. I hear a patch is available,but unable to locate the name

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.