Dolophine User Reviews

Dolophine - User Reviews

Dolophine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dolophine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: fatcat, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

This is the only long -lasting pain medication that has worked for my severe chronic pain and small nerve neuropathy. In my opinion it out lasts any other pain medication that is on the market even newly approved medication by the FDA.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I just wanted to state that I am tired of people bashing methadone. I have had arthritis (AS) since the age of 17. When I was introduced to methadone 4 years ago by an orthopedic surgeon it is the first time in my life I had true relief from the continuous pain being inflicted on me. If people are dying it is because they are not following their doctors directions or they are abusing the drug. I am so tire of seeing the DEA take liberties by suppressing the use of the 40 mg tablets due to peoples stupid, half-witted, actions. Please don't get me wrong I don't like seeing people die from overdosing, but they are doing it to themselves. Every person knows AND I MEAN KNOWS that they should not take something that wasn't prescribed to them, yet people continue on this trend. I don't know the solution to the problem, but preventing people who treat the drug with the utmost respect that it deserves from taking it to receive relief from severe and deafing pain is not the solution either. It is unfortunate that people haven't learned how extremely dangerous it is to try and take a drug like methadone to get high when you can't get high on the drug to begin with. It only relieves pain for people that have pain. All it will do for someone that doesn't have pain is kill them or put them in a coma. To any one who plans on trying this drug to get high on please don't. Smoke some grass if you want to get high. Don't kill yourself and cause people like myself and others that suffer from diseases and accidents from getting the relief we need. Thank You Jim

Related Reading: arthritis | coma

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 14

After 5 years of intense pain due to chronic pancreatitus my dr prescribed methadone which has given me a new lease on life. Although before high doses of morphine or oxycontin had little effect when I started taking the methadone I was a close to painfree as I have been since this all started. I realize that it is very addicting and the withdrawel horrendous but the chance to live a semi normal life now is worth anything I might have to face later. It is not always easy to fill the rx and they treat you badly when they see what it is for but it is a shame more drs. and the medical care in general do not understand pain and what it can do to your life.

Related Reading: oxycontin

Comment from: ROK, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 21

I gave this med 5 stars, but I want off of it. I've been on 100mgs for over 6 years working up to that dose from 10mgs. I started to reduce my dosage and got down to 20 mgs. I hit the bottom rung and my pain level went sky high. Well I really had a hard time with my neck pain at 40mgs, but wanted off of this drug. I contribute my Gallbladder problems and my bad teeth on this drug. My PCD wants me to stay on this drug and to up my dose to where it "Masks" the pain again. I asked for something else to control my pain, but he said this is about the best there is. I tried all the other stuff, I even became "addicted" to Oxycontin and other narcotic pain relievers. I also used Morphine for breakthrough pain, but weaned myself off of it without my Dr knowing it. I just want to live narcotic free, but don't think that's possible. Sometimes I wish I could close my eyes and never wake up, but I know that's not possible at this time. That's my experience with this drug, oh that and trying to get it refilled is a PITA!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: running-doe@hotmail.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

My pain is excriciating;I have degenerative disk disease RA-OA a herniated disk on sciatic nerve I have 18 & still counting broken crushed fractured bones my pain seems insufferable and I cannot say I haven't prayed not to wake another day. If not for Dolophine perhaps I would not be here it saved my life!

Related Reading: Dolophine

Comment from: Back Hertz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 02

I was prescribed the drug 2 years after a major spine surgery involving a disc removal. It changed my life, I was relatively pain free for the first time in 2+ years. The pain clinic was later closed. My new pain doc doesn't beleive in prescribing methadone(damn the stigma). I'm now using vicodin at a ridiculous dose and am high all the time(which I hate). My new meds don't lessen the pain but make it a bit easier to live with. I miss methadone for all the right reasons. For me hands down the best/longest lasting pain med on the market and I have tried them all.

Related Reading: vicodin