Dolophine User Reviews

Dolophine - User Reviews

Dolophine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dolophine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: willum, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 16

I have had severe pain after neuro surgery 14 years ago. I was given Oromorph ( morphine liquid )which increased over the years to over 300mg a day! I had to get off it as it runs your life and you become dependant rapidly. It is a horrible drug to get off. I went to Methadone and take a relatively small liquid dose once a day. It is just remarkeable! No feeling of being drugged, it stops the pain and I feel so much better. I thank God for this as by now I am sure I would have ended my life. My thoughts are that the people that have problems with it tend to abuse it. If this is the point then you should see a pain specialist and re-evaluate you.

Comment from: gomeril, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 03

Despite 5 surgeries and countless "injection treatments," I continue to experience severe neck pain. For the first 10 years, I resisted the use of any opiods until I was totally exhausted and no longer tough enough to "grin and bear it." Of course, my pain treatment did not begin with Methadone and it wasn't until Oxycontin was no longer effective that Methadone was even suggested. Although I continue to seek and pray for non-drug alternatives to managing my pain, aside from the frustrating weight-gain, Methadone seems to have fewer side effects than other opioid. For example, at the prescribed dose I've never found it to be significantly mind-altering, which is a tremendous blessing for those of us who still need/want to have our wits about us. In fact, if it is mind-altering, it's most commonly the result of over-usage. I have also found that on those "mysterious" days when I have little or no pain, I can freely skip it without adverse reactions. I have recently enjoyed long-term, measurable decreases in my pain level from Radio-Frequency Nerve Ablations. During the 12-16 months it takes for the nerves to regenerate, I find I can reduce my methadone use by about 30% and I never have any difficulty with abruptly reducing my dosage. Additionally, I have never required an increased dosage, something I cannot claim with any other opioid. Since Methadone was originally developed for the treatment of pain, it's unfortunate it's become stigmatized by it's use in treating heroin addicts. That stigma is often projected onto pain patients, which just adds insult to our injuries. However, the superior effectiveness of Methadone, combined with it's more tolerable side-effects makes it a valuable component in the management of long-term pain. For the sake of everyone with chronic pain who can benefit from Methadone, I'll continue to pray it's reputation as a safe & effective pain management medication is eventually restored.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: helpoffmeth727, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 16

I went from vicodin to fentynal patch At first euphoric relief. after 8 months needed to go from .25 to .50 Doctor suggested that alternate between fentanyl patch and methadone as to not build tolorance and neding to up dosages. All I can say is both will turn you into a addict. Run out of either and you will want to die. I have been searching site for the how to get off. Noewhere to be found. I know getting off will mean pain. Both will ruin your teeth and I have found that it will kill your sex drive by lowering testosterone levels.These drugs would be wonderful if you could stop them. Unlike cigerettes instead of feeling anxious you will feel like the worst flu of your life. its like being tortured.If anyone has gone through getting off let me know

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: cjv, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have take Methadone for chronic back pain. I was on oxy-contin, but really became too fond of the way it made me feel. My dosage has increased regularly over the years, which my doctor says is common w/ opiates. I am on 220mgs daily, divided into 3 doses. It can be difficult fulfill Rx's, not every pharmacy carries much of it. I have had to be without it for a day or two, and by the 2nd day the withdrawl starts & you feel quite bad. But this is the best solution, considering the pain I was in & the depression that comes w/ it, left me unable to function. I don't feel like I took anything at all as far as euphoria goes so I feel safer on it. I do become more tired than usual. I recommend this drug highly.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Jamie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I have incredible pain from degen. disk, worsening arthritis in both hips, extreme arthritis in rt. shoulder, entire arm, wrist & hand (all had severe injuries in the past) I went up the ladder of pain meds to Morphine, and the pain was still enough to keep me exhausted, really lacking motivation, & flat in bed several days a month at least. Recent change to Methadone/Dolophine has given me a new lease on life! MUCH more effective pain management, and gone is the relentless exhaustion. I am sleeping better at night, more active and motivated in the day, and enjoying substantial reduction in pain. No (bad) side-effects at all. Bottom line, I guess, is that I have renewed interest in Life!!

Comment from: equilibrium, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

This medication is much better than the Dilaudid and Fentanyl I was taking as it brings me back down to earth, where the other medications were less effective with more psychological side effects. Thi medicine really works well for pain all around, without the narcotic shock instances of other opiods for pain

Related Reading: Dilaudid | shock