Doryx User Reviews

Doryx - User Reviews

Doryx User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Doryx sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: girlladycat, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been taking this orally for about a month, and along with three face creams, my acne has cleared! I have fortunately not had to experience any side effects.

Related Reading: acne

Published: September 19

My 18 year old daughter started taking Doryx around 6 months ago for acne. While on this drug, she came down with mono and began suffering significant hair loss. We attributed the hair loss to the mono as her dermatologist who prescribed the Doryx assured us that sometimes after an illness hair loss will occur. Well, that was six months ago and the hair loss continued. I knew something else was wrong. She had every blood test under the sun and nothing checked out. I decided to do some research on Doryx and found out that others had complained of hair loss. I took my daughter off it and the hair loss stopped! Why wouldn't the dermotologist immediately make that connection? We had no idea that hair loss was a side effect; it wasn't listed in the literature. But, I assure you, that if you begin losing your hair, get off Doryx immediately!!!

Related Reading: Doryx | hair loss

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I used to get the kind of acne that starts out under the skin and hurts a few days before you can even see it. Then when you can see it, it still takes about a week to fully get rid off and you're left with a scar even though you didn't pop it. My dermatologist prescribed this and I'll admit, I was skeptical. He said it would get worse before it got better. The day I saw him I had 2 or 3 large zits around my chin and mouth that were still under the skin and had yet to come out. To my surprise, it only got better. The zits went away in 2 days and never made it to the surface. I was shocked. I read someone else's review that said it causes yeast infections, which my doctor didn't warn me of. I had never had one before and didn't know quite what to expect. It's going on 5 weeks now and I did get a yeast infection. It sucks, but I will still keep taking this medication because it's working so well for my acne. Acne can be a life long battle and I'm just so thankful I found something that works, even if it has a few side effects that last a few days. If you are about to start taking this medication, my advise is to ALWAYS TAKE IT WITH FOOD. I took it once on an empty stomach and I ended up with a stomach ache that also made me feel hungry. I wanted to eat, but I didn't want to eat cause I thought I may vomit. Don't make this mistake.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

Prior to taking Doryx, I would usually have anywhere from 5-10 large pimples on my face. I was prescribed Doryx after seeing a dermatologist. After about a month on the drug, I noticed a significant reduction in the amount of acne and after two months, was about 95% cured of problem and continue to be now a year later. This drug worked a miracle on my skin! I've had acne for over 10 years and have never had alot of success with topical medications. When I talk to people, I feel like they are looking at me and not my acne anymore. The occasional side effect I experienced were cramps when I took this drug on an empty stomach.

Comment from: Ashley1991, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

This medication caused me to have a feeling of chest tightening and trouble breathing. I was treated by paramedics two days after I started the medication I was given oxygen and felt better. I called my and they said they doctors didn't think it was a side effect of Doryx. However, I ended up in the hospital a few days later. It was determined that doryx caused my symptoms and when I quit taking it 2 months ago have I never had any of these symptoms again

Comment from: Ava, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I took Doryx about a month and it clear my acne on face, but it caused my scalp to severely itch and hair loss. Do not take this medication if you don't want to lose your hair!!

Comment from: in PAIN, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

My pharmacy notes said not to take it less than 10 minutes before lying down. I think the note needs to be more explicit and mention 30 minutes like other places. After 1 week on Doryx, I started to feel that something was stuck in my throat, then it progressed to painful throat/swallowing, then esophogus pains. I don't know how to describe it but it is awful, I don't want to eat and I am in a lot of pain. I stopped the medicine and the pain got worse (the damage was already done). I am wondering if I have an ulcer or some other problem. I went to my primary doc and they gave me a GI cocktail which didn't help at all and now I am taking a drug to coat my throat. 3 doses so far and I am not experiencing any relief at all. This is related to the Doryx. I hope this goes away soon as I am miserable. Also, I noticed some joint pain, muscles weakness, lightheadedness, headaches, and got a yeast infection despite eating yogurt.