Doryx User Reviews

Doryx - User Reviews

Doryx User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Doryx sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: WLT9691, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

My doctor started me on Doryx and gave me some samples and a coupon that said I could get it for $25. First, the pills are HUGE! You can't break them up becasue it says not to in their literature because it ruins the pellets. I told my doctor that the coupon DID NOT work. He then gave me a prescription for the exact same medicine, Monodox and a coupon to get 60 pills a month for $10!!!!! And that is good for 12 months! These are small pills too! Monodox has been great!! Save yourself some money and get the same drug for $10!!!!

Related Reading: Monodox

Published: May 19

My son's teeth have turned yellow and his hair has been falling out. The pharmacist told me this wasn't a side effect, but reading other reviews I will have him stop taking this immediately. thank you

Comment from: Rena, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

The only problem i had was the side effect of all or most antibaotics i had a very persistent yeast infection. But taking the medication was worth it, this is the only thing that has help my adult acne.

Comment from: RLT, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

THIS MEDICATION WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT GAVE ME SKIN IRRITATION, YEAST INFECTION, NAUSEA, SWEAT, AND HIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: HIVES

Comment from: CalliR, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 22

Yes, Doryx works very well, it cleared up the redness of my zits and stopped the acne from popping up, but i'm very active in sports and this drug made me tired and short of breath.

Comment from: MME720, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 18

I'd used this drug 2 yrs ago at 15Omg and it worked wonders. I was on it for 3 mos and it cleared up my mild acne very well. No side effects except upset stomach if no food. I did have an issue swallowing the whole pill, but it was worth it. I had a flare up now, 2 yrs later and asked to go on it again but this time I'm seeing minimal, if any, positive results. I have noticed I'm tired more than usual but no hair loss or anything else. I do this in combination with Retin-A Micro and Benzylcin topicals at night and I'm disappointed. I will be visiting my Derm again to ask for another Rx to get better results.

Related Reading: Retin-A Micro

Comment from: flutelou, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 31

My son has been on this medication for 6 months with no improvement to his acne. We were given, via the dermatologist, a discount card valid until 28 February 2010, since March the cost has been $428 per month and considering that Doryx 150mg per day has been completely ineffective I feel we should be reimbursed in total.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 14

Great drug for treating mild, to moderate acne. Though, regardless of what your dermatologist tells you this drug should not be taken for long periods of time because even though it cleared my acne over the course of a year it gave me unusually high blood pressure for someone my age, loss of hair(Particularly in the front), and shortness of breath causing much discomfort at times. So be very careful with it and only take the drug for no more than six months at a time. Hope this helps.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Shez, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: August 03

My daughter started taking it 8 months ago with limited results-we are very unhappy and the cost was unreal-We will be asking our dermatologist to switch to another medication soon!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

At first I was apprenhensive to taking ANOTHER pill to help with me acne. I have tried taking other pils when I was younger, but at the beginning of the year my acne had stared to get pretty bad. So i went to my dermatologist and got my prescription and took my pills religiously for the next 4 months or so. Now my face looks like i never even had acne. Im so happy that i gave these pills a chance. I had no side effects at all. I definately recommend these to EVERYONE that is considering going on doryx!!