Doryx User Reviews

Doryx - User Reviews

Doryx User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Doryx sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kismetangel, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I started taking Doryx about 3 months ago. My dermatologist started me out with a 2 weeks sample. Then I found a website....http://www.wcrx.com/products/doryx/index.php, that offers a $50 rebate. I pay $60 for 90 day supply. So I really only had to pay $10. It works really well. I have seen a reduction in pimples and those I do get are very small and are gone within a day. I did get a yeast infection during the first month on it. Took 2 Diflucan and started taking a probiotic and I haven't had that problem since. I suggest this medication, if you have tried other oral antibiotics and they are not working. I am also having Beta-peels, which are improving my complexion. This is a pricey medication, but it is well worth it. I got my rebate check 4 weeks after submitting it (keep your original reciept). Make sure you eat before you take it. I have never had any stomach issues with it, but I know others have.

Related Reading: Diflucan

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

Doryx has been a helpful drug and has helped clear my acne. It cleared about 80 percent of it... The side effects are very confusing though... i have to take it with food or it will upset my stomach.. when i mean it upsets my stomach, i mean that it feels as though i am having "heartburn"... it also causes shortness of breath while i run... but it did the job and i am happy with the results

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

This drug is awful! I was prescribed it for mild adult acne and besides causing skin irritation, yeast infections, discoloration of teeth and nausea among other terrible side effects, it made my acne much worse than it was to begin with! I stopped taking it after 5 weeks. Do not take this medication!

Comment from: catsis, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

This medication has worked wonderfully for me. I'm 47 and have hormonal acne. I had deep cystic acne around my chin, neck, and some on cheeks. The first month I used Doryx my acne seemed to get worse and right after taking the pill I felt some discomfort like heartburn. At about week 4, the acne really improved and I no longer had the heartburn feeling. Now I'm on month 3 and have no cysts, no acne! My skin is more sensitive to the sun but I would definitely recommend this for hormonal cystic acne!

Related Reading: heartburn | cysts

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

I started taking this medication about 1 week ago and have seen a reduction in the redness of my acne. My doctor told me that the acne might get worse before it got better and to give it about 5 weeks to work completely. I use this with a topical cream. I have noticed that it makes me very thirsty and from the neck down, my skin is really dry...so far so good...

Comment from: jmh111, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 27

I have been taking this drug for about a year now and I have developed a bad case of Psoriasis. My skin started getting dry and itchy after I started taking the drug and now it is out of control. I did not connect the dry skin to the drug until recently. Needless to say, I stopped taking the drug. Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

Related Reading: Psoriasis | dry skin

Comment from: guest, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

Doryx completely cleared up my face but i have suffered a lot of hair loss with this. I am going off immediately. Does anyone know if your hair will regrow after stopping doryx or is this permanent?

Comment from: Brookefin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

I only took this medication for two days. I had a severe headache the entire time on this medicine as well as cold chills, and vomiting. I also experienced sever chest pains while on Doryx. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Related Reading: headache