Dostinex User Reviews

Dostinex - User Reviews

Dostinex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dostinex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 25

I was diagnosed w/something very shocking to me in 9/08, which turned out to be a pituitary tumor. I wasnt sure how to handle this but my dr. was awesome! I've been on Cabergoline 0.5 mg (generic for Dostinex) for about 2 months and hope that I will be a lot better. The only downside is that it does make you a bit depressed, tired/drowsy,and is kind of on the pricey side, especially if u dont have insurance. For all of those out there that do have the same condition as me, dont worry your in good hands. =)

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: October 22

i have been using this med. for about 8 years now. i was on it for a bout a year and my tumor went away. after about 2 years i had my blood leves checked and they were elvated again, so i'm back on the med. It worked the 1st time and i know it will work this time. i cant wait to see the results!

Comment from: JenWitt, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

I have only been on Dostinex for 2 months but have already seen a drastic increase-my prolactin level went from 150 to 42.2 in 8 weeks! I am hoping my numbers continue to get lower so I will eventually ovulate. Anyone else have pregnancy problems related and this drug helped you? Just curious....

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: Chase, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 13

Extremely satisfied with the drugs performence but I have to wonder why it was discontinued by its maker in the U.S and when you call them you get no explaination.The only place I have been able to find this is overseas at $30 a pill. The company offers no subsitute and Parlodel and Promax cause me bad side effects.My Docter will no longer prescibe this drug as rports indicate Heart damage from it.Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Comment from: autryland, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

I have a pituitary tumor and in 6 mos. it has reduced almost 1/2 of what it was. All of my bad side affects I lived with for the past 15 yrs have disappeared.. It did take about 3 weeks to get use to takin it.

Comment from: on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 24

I had a cyst on my pituatary gland and had it removed in 1995. I was initially put on parlodel and it made me so sick that i couldnt handle it so I had the surgery. After my surgery the cyst started to grow back and my doctor put me on Dostinex. My level was 121 when I had the surgery and I went down to 60 afterwards. Once I was put on the Dostinex it went down to 26 in a short time. I am happy with that result. I still have to have an MRI each year to make sure it has not came back. The only disadvantage was that I didnt have any children, many doctors told me that i couldnt so I finally accepted it. I am now 36 years old and still on Dostinex, will be for the rest of my life but that is okay because fortunate for me the only side effect that i have is the dry mouth. There was a comment that someone wanted to know if there was a chance for children and I would like to say "yes" there probably is, dont ever give up on that...go to every Dr. you can until they say you can have kids. I dont even think you need to get injection (not sure of the name). I had another surgery back in Dec. of 2007 and had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed and my Dr. told me that I could have kids now. I was obviously confused since all my Dr's said that I could never have kids. Keep trying, never give up!!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: PLH2U, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 18

My lab values decreased from 860 to 15 in just a few months--I felt better than I had felt in years. Now, I am having a difficult time finding it. I've tried the generic form as well as Parlodel, but they are not nearly as effective. 'Any news someone can give me regarding why it is so hard to get?

Comment from: dostinex, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 12

when i first started takind dostinex was very light headed now ok i take half tablet twice a week

Comment from: Grizz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

After years of waning lidido, worsening depression and chronic fagigue i had my MD check my Testosterone which turned out was nearly non existant. In follow up we found Prolactin levels over 100 and a 5mm pituitary tumor. I started Testosterone injsections and within a week had increased energy, libido, and mood. Saw the Endocrinolgist who started me on Cabergoline. Been on it 2 weeks and though Libido back I dont have the energy to do much about it, to my wife's dismay. Seems like depression comming back too. I guess im wondering if its endogenous depression or side effect of Cabergoline. At this point am pondering re starting anti-depressant (Effexor worked well in past to an extent) and hoping to normalize hormone levels. Time will tell i suppose.

Related Reading: depression | Effexor

Comment from: lorette, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 22

severe dizzines tired hi blood pressure ringing in the ears tired sleeplessness