Dovonex Scalp User Reviews

Dovonex Scalp - User Reviews

Dovonex Scalp User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dovonex Scalp sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I am using this medication with a steriod. The combo has helped this flare up after using them together for 2 weeks. Noone has discussed the expense of this drug. I have had psoriasis for 56 years and have had many drugs and treatments. This is the most expensive drug I have taken. I checked the price with several local pharmacies and I'm glad to say that my insurance covered most of the cost of this drug.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: canderteach@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

After having psoriasis for 10 years, I had bad experiences with the creams. They were not effective and they stained clothing and bedding. I have been using Doxonex for 6 months and have found it to work quite well. I the redness and scales have improved tremendously. Although, we all know that psoriasis will flare-up and is not curable, I like the resultrs that I have had with this drug preparation.

Comment from: jesse_sc2002, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 12

I have Morphia, and have been taking dovonex, for close to a year now, Im waiting for my skin to turn back normal to what it was before but, so far no luck all the medicaton dose for me is make the skin in that area smooth for maybe three hours at a time and then i have to reapply. Plus this medication is very pricy i have no insu. and pay close to 500.00 per tube and have to buy once ever two months.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 06

Worked quite well. But I can't understand the comments about price. It has been out in a perfect acceptable generic form for quite some time now.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 14

Have been prescribed Dovonex, and it works, but wish it wasn't so expensive

Comment from: Surviving, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

This medication has helped me. It has never stung or hurt when I have applied it on my scalp and elbow. The hardest thing about it is remembering to apply it in the morning and evening.

Comment from: tammy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

I have psoriasis on my fingers at the end of the fingers I too have experienced burning when using this, I dont think I have tried to use this medicine like I should so I am going to try this for 2 weeks and see what happens but just using it on and off does not work.

Comment from: AAQUEEN2000, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

WHEN APPLYING THIS MEDICATION TO SCALP AND NECK, IT BURNED EVERYTIME, SO PAINFUL I WAS CRYING EVERYTIME, I STOPPED USING THE MEDICATION AND HAVE CONTACTED MY DOCTOR.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 28

Finally a treatment for Vitiligo. I've used Dovonex for a few weeks in combination with a steroids and light therapy and i'm starting to see some amazing results. My pigment has returned on my face and i'm starting to see results on my hands and elbows. However, i am concern with the long-term effects. I haven't found anything negitive thus far.

Related Reading: Vitiligo

Comment from: luvowls, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

I have a condition on my nose that behaves like psoriosis but the Dr. says may be a form of rosacea, which peals deeply and repeatedly. Devonex has slowed the pealing and may with time stop the pealing altogetner. The tube it comes in is a disaster! Everytime it is opened it oozes product out far more than one application, It is very annoying for such an expensive product to be in a cheap crimped tube!!

Related Reading: rosacea

Comment from: dazarich, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

I started using Dovonex oitment for Psoriasis on my leg. I have followed my instructions for two weeks and must say i am in pain consistently. It burns, itches, and has made my skin raw. In addition to this my leg has now blown up like a balloon. I have been to the doctors three times and they dont seem to know what is going on and told me to continue the treatment and take anti biotics for a possible infection. It has kept me awake at night and close to tears. Im begining to prfer having psoriasis than having the treatment.

Related Reading: burns