Doxil User Reviews

Doxil - User Reviews

Doxil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Doxil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JWMPAM, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 14

I am the husband of an ovarian cancer patient and can tell you my wife's CA-125 started going down after two treatments (of a six month series) and now, the day before her fourth treatment,it continues to go down. She is experiencing very, very minimal side effects and we keep our fingers crossed, knock on wood, and pray to God that this medicine will take her to long, long term remission. Good luck to you all.

Related Reading: ovarian cancer

Comment from: talbrt16@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 16

1999-CA125=2700 and scans. Full hysterectomy and debulking. Started with cisplatin/taxol, switched to carboplatin/taxol due to reaction. After nine mos. 1st recurrence-started doxil with carboplatin. Taken prophylatically every 7 weeks for 8 years. In my 6th yr had a recurrence due to coming off Doxil for about a few months when I went on kidney dialysis due to original cisplatin and we wanted to give kidneys a rest. With recurrence, added carboplatin with doxil. Now back on doxil only (lower dose) and today CA125 is 5.9. Muga scans are taken and I check in with a cardiologist. No heart problems.

Related Reading: cisplatin | taxol | doxil

Comment from: z00ma, on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 17

I have metastatic Breast CA to liver and lung. I have had a lot of prior Chemo drugs. This was fairly easy drug to tolerate. It is bringing down my CA2729 markers after 2nd treatment. No nausea, hair loss, bone pain, constipation or lose stools or low blood counts. It's also on a 4-week cycle instead of 3 for Breast CA patients. I do have to admit I do get heartburn the day of treatment thats treatable with OTC medications. Small drawback compared to some chemo drugs!

Related Reading: Breast | liver | hair loss

Comment from: ronnie, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 10

Update: (1st reply was 3/2010) Finished six treatments doxil CA125 was 11, had ct scan no tumors. Drs. decided to keep me on doxil for maintaience, today CA125 is 11 (went as low as 10, still don't like when it goes up, even by 1 point)I do believe in this drug and find it very easy on body. Still have hair, brows and lashes! Prayers to All...

Comment from: Ronnie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 26

diagnosed in 01/2009, hysterectomy, etc. Started w/carbo, taxol, re-mission only 3 months. Started doxil in Jan.2010, immediate results.CA125 had rose to 160, one dose of doxil put me @remission status again, CA125 keeps going down (I've had three tratments with three remaining), minor side effects,so far no hair loss, maybe SLIGHT loss of eyelashes/brow thinning, I also have heartburn after dose but only for a day or two.Fatigue is not as bad as with carbo.Also, no problems with hand/foot disease so far...May God bless all of you, and those dear angles, our caregivers....(47y.o. at time of diagnoses)

Related Reading: heartburn | Fatigue

Comment from: jgainer, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 31

was on Doxil for 13 (months)treatments. Not working too well anymore. New side effects cause chest discomfort

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 28

This treatment was completely ineffective against my grandmothers ovarian cancer. The treatment was very harsh and caused severe inflammation of the body. Ask your doctor many questions before starting this treatment.

Comment from: Kathy, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

I have had 7 treatments of Doxil (7 months). CA 125 is rising around 9 or 10 every month. I have had a few side effects (fatigue, low white blood counts, hand-foot syndrome), but the one that I would like to see if anyone else has had, is in the second week (when my counts are actually at their highest due to Neulasta), I run a fever, then develop a cough and end up with Bronchitis (at least that's what the doctor diagnoses me with). I guess the thing that bugs me the most is what if I don't have an infection and take an antibiotic for nothing! The antibiotic always makes me feel better. I'm not feeling too good about the treatment I'm receiving, but oncologists seem to think it's effective.

Related Reading: Neulasta | fever | cough