Doxil User Reviews

Doxil - User Reviews

Doxil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Doxil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rrwilson3765, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

CA125 was 2000 when diagnosed in Oct.31,2008. took carboplatin and taxol for 8 treatments. Had an allergic reaction to the carboplatin and also showed resistance to it. At that time my CA125 was at 64. I have had 3 treatments of doxil and as of now(One year after diagnosis) My CA125 is 45. Doxil is working. I have had redness and paain in my feet and haands buit nothing that put me down. Other than that I have had no side effects. Hope it ddoes the job

Comment from: Eileen, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 16

I have completed 12 cycles of doxil and have had excellent results with liveable side effects. The lesions in my liver are smaller and no new ones have appeared. The cancer in my bones has also stabalized. I wish I could have had more cycles but my oncologist limited the amount I received because of the potential for heart problems.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: bert0250, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 27

my mother had carbo/taxol, recurrance in 5 months. started doxil/carbo.after second treatment numbers went down. had third treatment and is now in hospital with severe blisters in her mouth and all over face and in scalp. very, very weak just had to sleep all the time . can't eat. nausea, vomiting. fever of 103.2 . they are giving a lot of antibiotics, she has been in hospital 6 days, still not over this. no more doxil.

Comment from: bonbon, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

so far so good on this drug. amalso talking avaston with it . bon

Comment from: Maggie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

After 2 doses of Doxil (given every 4 wks) we reduced the infusion by 20% to help with the mouth sores and skin rashes. We reduced the dose by another 10% for the 4th dose for the mouth sores & Hand/Foot syndrome. The biggest mystery to me was the daily fevers up to 104 degrees. Now that I realize they are chemo related & not infection, I just do my best to keep them low with aspirin and resisting getting too bundled up in blankets. Night sweats accompany the fevers. I also have joint pain and weakness that parallels the fevers. The higher the fever, the weaker I am and the more joint pain. The fever goes away, the joint pain/weakness go away. Movement also helps with the joint pain. So when I wake up I lay in bed and bend my knees and pump my ankles before getting up. Later, I walk or ride a stationary bike. I use Orabase to help with the mouth sores to eat and then apply Triamcinolone paste at night to help heal them. They aren't as bad now that the doses have been reduced. My breast CA has resisted Adriamycin/Cytoxan, Taxol, and 5FU/Cytoxan/Methotrexate. It metastasized to my lung. After 3 infusions the masses haven't really changed... not the greatest, but it could be worse. This breast CA might be a late effect of mantle radiation I received for Hodgkins disease back in 1979. They don't radiate like that anymore. Otherwise, doing fine. God bless you all and may you feel His presence and comfort!

Related Reading: aspirin | Night sweats | Cytoxan

Comment from: chemogirl, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 03

Going to get my 8th treatment soon. Very easy on the body. Easiest chemo so far. Don't know what is in store drug wise after next treatment.

Comment from: orange coolaid, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

i have had two rounds of doxil and my iga protiens have from 6k 3500..i dont have a pick line,for my treatment this thursay morning...other one got infected..the nurses act like they are scared to death to give me one dose by iv this time..i cant get a port before thursday..as i am stil on antibiotics bcause of the infected line...any advice..should i put off this regiment until i can get the port line put in..is it just too dangerous to administer my iv as opposed to a port line

Comment from: tesso2, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 04

having bad bad nausea but numbers still going up after third treatment

Cancer