Drisdol User Reviews

Drisdol - User Reviews

Drisdol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Drisdol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

I have been on a 3-month therapy treatment for Vitamin D deficiency (level of 11). Following treatment my level has only increased by approximately 3 points to a level of 14; this is with taking 50000 I.U. per week.

Related Reading: Vitamin D deficiency

Comment from: newperson, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 05

I had 1/4 of the vitamin D that I should have. Had all sorts of symptoms associated with low vitamin D levels. It took doctors 5 years to discover it. I am now a new person. Lots of energy. Pain level drastically lowered. Vitamin D now in normal range. Take it every other week, along with 2000 units daily. I'm a new person.

Comment from: freshstartat59, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

I have just started my once a week - 50000. Three days later, I am broken out in whelts, they are painful and itch. Worse ones on my chin and around my eye. Dozens on both arms and legs and all in between. My head is full and I want to use a Brillo pad on them. My Vitamin D level was 8.6 and I had surgery in the same week of diagonis. I am also experiencing extreme joint pain in entire body. Moving my arms and neck is horrible. Has anyone else experienced this type of reaction? I couldn't reach my DR but spoke with my pharmacist and he said it could be any one of three things I am current taking - Vitamin D, Hydrocodone and Cipro (the last two pertain to my surgery)

Related Reading: Cipro

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

50000 IU capsules on a weekly basis seems to be nothing but a ploy to charge heavy for the prescription drug. The oral drops of Calcidol and Dridol are 8000 iu/ml. If one takes 1 ml per day for 7 days, it will be ~56000 iu(8000x7). In my opinion, the use of Vitamin D on a daily basis is more effective than weekly tablet which just offers only convinience. In addition drops are more conviniet (mix with food or liquid) than taking a capsule. I continue to take 2000 iu of Calcidol drops on a regular basis and have well maintained my levels.

Comment from: deerj77, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 03

No side effects. Have been on it for a year.Very quickly reversed a Vitamin D deficiency. Was not ill all winter. I think it has boosted my immune system!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

I have had very bad heartburn associated with this drug.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: MM, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

My vitamin D level was a 9, so my Dr. prescribed me 50,000 units once a week. This is my third week taking it and my only side effect is pain in some of my joints. The pain is moderate, but tolerable. I only get this pain the day I take it and the day after. Luckily no experience with blisters as others have mentioned. Knock on wood....

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

I have just started taking this medication. 50,000 weekly. I had violent vomiting the second week I took it, with the nausea gradually diminishing as the week progressed.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I have a presciption for 8 125 mg doses, the day following my second dose, the blisters on my hands became painful. The following day, I broke out with a rash of blotchy, red rashes, back, chest, belly legs and arms. It will be a week tomorrow, and I am still a "mess". The pain has subsided however, it is now itchy. Plan to see a dermatologist soon.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 17

I have been having pain in all of my joints and at times can't walk without extreme pain. This pain started within 3 days of starting this drug.