Duac Topical Gel User Reviews

Duac Topical Gel - User Reviews

Duac Topical Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Duac Topical Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 19

This medicine has improved my acne considerably. In addition, it takes a very short time to see results. It is extremely effective in treating breakouts and preventing new ones.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Duac, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from polycystic ovaries and have tried EVERY drug on the market including Roacuttane - twice. This is the only treatment in 30years that has worked long term.

Comment from: CB, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 27

My 13 year old daughter's acne was getting worse. She was prescribed Duac along with Differin and within 3 weeks her skin is 100% acne free. It did burn in the beginning and her skin did dry out, however, we used Aveeno lotion and it stopped the dryness. I cannot believe how clear her face is; she has been using this combination since 03/2009.

Related Reading: Duac

Comment from: ward1022, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 23

I started using this product after having a baby which was breaking my skin out terribly. With in a couple weeks, the blemishes were gone. It has been almost 8 months and I still love this product. I would recommend this to anyone with acne problems.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I am a 56 year old woman who had used Accutane to combat cystic acne (trust me....that kind of acne really hurts--it's like having pencil erasers under your skin). This product completely cleared up my acne and has prevented others from starting. You need to make sure to use a very thin layer--if you use too much you really can have dry skin. My skin looks wonderful now and this is so much cheaper than trying to have an Rx for Retin-A ($220+).

Related Reading: Accutane | dry skin | Retin-A

Comment from: dee, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been using this product for a couple of days now and so far no problem.I also use a retinol at night. For the reviewers that say that they experienced peeling, burning, severe cramps, it is stated in the paper that comes with the product. Some people dont bother to read this info and when they get a side effect they are suprised. I read the side effects and know that possibly I may experience burning, peeling and diaharrea since there is an antibiotic in the product. Also to reduce dryness one should use a moisturizing cleanser (Dove, Cetaphil) and lotion or thick moisturizer,NOT ACNE MEDICATED cleansers and lotions. Your skin will become even more dry. In addition a nightly medication is helpful and I'm also changing my diet by eating more fruits,veggies,water, whole grains and less refined starchy foods, saturated fats. All these factors may help in oilness,pimples and skin texture.

Comment from: JH, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from cystic acne and have been on many different meds for this. At first, my face turned red. After I got used to the drug, the redness went down and I noticed fewer and fewer pimples. It really seemed to work. I have been on this for over four years and have not seen any side effects. If I miss an application, I find some pimples. If I miss a week, I am completely broken out. Just watch out because contacting your face to any cloting or towels after an application will bleach them out. J

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

this cream is great! it only took me a week to see results. It even came with a cleanser. Im so glad I went to my doctor but so pissed I wasted so much money on Proactiv and drugstore brands. Duac is it.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 07

Great product! I saw results in a couple of weeks. When I feel a blimish coming on, I dab a little on it at night and when I wake up it is almost gone or completly gone. Great stuff!

Comment from: DSGAPeach, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

When Proactive was no longer working, I switched to Duac. I have been on this topical cream on for a week and have already had no new pimples, the redness from my acne is disappearing and my skin looks refreshed. So far so good!