Duac Topical Gel User Reviews

Duac Topical Gel - User Reviews

Duac Topical Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Duac Topical Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

this medication works really well i would recommend it it only took about 2 weeks to see dramatic results. i still have marks from the acne but those will fade in time. im very happy with this medocation

Comment from: thatgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 03

LIFESAVER!!! I struggled with acne for a decade - from my late teens into my twenties - and finally decided to go to a dermatologist. She put me on a regimen of Differin and Duac and the results were astounding! I wholeheartedly recommend this medication. For the first time in my adult life I have CLEAR SKIN! Anyone who has dealt with acne knows how crippling it can be and how incredibly difficult it is to try to interact normally with people knowing they are looking at your skin. I don't worry about that anymore. It is SO freeing! A few words of CAUTION though - it will bleach out your clothes, bed linens, etc so I use it at night and have white pillowcases to make that part a non issue. Also use the recommended amount and NO MORE! It will burn the heck outta your skin if you lather it on. Just use the recommended amount and be patient. I started with both the Duac and Differin and I had some nasty dry skin for 3-5 days while my skin adjusted but it was WORTH IT. So use a small amount like they say and suck it up for a few days - the peeling will go away! I can't say enough good about this cream and the only regret I have is not getting it ten years ago!

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: Thissucks, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I tried this acne cream last night because i was having some breakouts on both sides of my face. It started burning my face about 3 hrs after the application. I had to skip school today and miss an exam. My face is bright red and itches and burns. This cream is awful because i only put a small amount on and it burnt off my whole face. It is incredibly embarrasing and highly uncomfortable. DONT USE THIS!

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: Dr. W, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

Why spend $160 for this coforumulation when you can obtain generic topical formulations of each medication - clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide - in the same concentrations and amounts for less than $40?

Related Reading: clindamycin

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

This product dried my skin out terribly. I used it for three months. I have had scaling and itching. After stopping this medicine I have broken out in bumps that remind me of poison oak. Since this is on my face, it's very embarrasing. I wish I had never tried this product.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

This acne gel cleared all my blemishes!

Comment from: dmdagostino, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been struggling with acne for some time now. I started using duac about 5 years ago and use it every single day. My face is still not perfect and VERY dry and flaky. I believe this product has helped some but did not clear my acne completely.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 13

Am 23 year indian women, when i first came to us i had lot of acne, then my doctor prescribed me this duac along with differin, after using both of them for one month, i didn't find any more acne on my face

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I am 27 years old with mild acne, redness and dry skin. I used this treatment once only. My entire face went bright red and blotchy, my eyes closed up, my skin peeled and several scaly patches have appeared. I have had to take the day off work and I don't know how I am going to cope with the rest of the week. I went back to the doctor and he said just wait for it to subside. As I was walking home from the doctors people were laughing at me in the street. I don't think I will be leaving the house for the next fortnight. Please test this medication on a small area first- if your skin is intolerant to it the results are devastating.