Duragesic User Reviews

Duragesic - User Reviews

Duragesic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Duragesic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Brad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 10

I feel it wears off on certain individuals after the firt 38 hrs then my body feels all run dowmn and sometimes sick like cold hot flasshes as well as severe pain when u just lay in bed almost 2 days just waiting to put another one on ive been on the same dose for almost 2 years @ 100 mcg !! Does anyone else feel like i do..My doctor says its fine it last for 72 hrs thats all i get then the new pamphlet came out said some require every 2 days 48 HRS.????

Comment from: hypeadoo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I write this with the intention to share my experiences with the highly potent and very addictive medication, Fentanyl. I myself use the Duragesic Patches (by Janssen), I have found through trail and error that the patches Fentanyl (the Generic brands by other companies just don't have the same Strength or potency as this brand name I use). I have unfortunately been on the patches for what seems like forever (6 years, or so). I started at 25mcg/h every 72 hours, I am now on 100mcg/h every 48 hours, (it seems like I'm changing them everyday). Now my sorrow and my advice to you. I have been taking these as a combination of a lower back fusion, and as rheumatoid arthritis spreads through my entire body, enough said about that sad stuff. My advice to you that are just making or about to make, first keep in mind as time goes by it will become harder and harder to wean off of this "MONSTER DRUG". I now find myself in a baddddddd situation as I continue to ask my doctor how I can get off of these patches. He hesitates as he doesn't want to give the news I actually know of already! After the years on the paths, and the high dosages I've been on for the years, he told me "I would be afraid to think about that, but he also has told me, if I wanted to give it a go he's in, I'm the one that is going to go through it! If there is someone that perhaps has been through similar situation and has been successful and weaning off such a high dose and number of years on the patch, would you please write me back with your story. I have chosen the Patches over the likes of Valium, Vicodin, and Percocet. Do you think I made a mistake and should have stuck with the pills? Anyone including doctors please voice your opinions, I welcome them all! Thanks for listening to my story. Remember the pain will still be there, and I have a very high addictive behavior (pills)? Thanks again.

Related Reading: Duragesic | rheumatoid arthritis | Valium

Comment from: cignus86, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 05

This is the only medication that I have been able to take to help treat my fibromyalgia and allow me to continue working. I only work and sleep, but at least I feel useful now.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | sleep

Comment from: jackiboo, 45-54 (Patient) Published: February 27

The patch has been more effective than oral meds. The fear of abuse is much more with pills than with patches. I found myself taking more and more pills more and more frequently. With patches atleast I know a small quantity is being absorbed at all times. If I try to put more than 1 patch on, nausea stops that from occuring. After 20 years of constant neck, back, leg and foot pain, the patch is the best drug I have found.

Related Reading: foot pain

Comment from: bernalvin, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 16

I've taken this Rx 3 years after back surgery. It does fall off easily so I cover with a waterproof bandaid. I still have some pain but realize I could not function or survive without it. I feel better and have fewer side effects than from my prior oral narcotics, although there was a period of adjustment. My doctor is concerned about addiction issues and will not increase my current dosage.

Comment from: littlebit, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 13

I have been on the patch for about 3 years and the side effects are horrible am trying to get off of them I have lost so much weight and cannot sleep the first night that i change the patch. I have had rashes and mood changes and many other side effects including near overdoses. Just be careful and pay close attentinon to any side effects. I hope that this helps someone else whom suffers

Comment from: gentle_f, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

Using this to treat pain of Neuropathy. Works well, but the patches themselves are difficult to keep in place. Sometimes difficult to manage with bathing, showering, etc. However, the pain relief is good and keeps the relief levels fairly consistant, which is what I was looking for. Only issue I've experienced is itching. I've had to add Benedyrl to my meds to keep the itching to a tolerable level.

Related Reading: itching