Duramorph User Reviews

Duramorph - User Reviews

Duramorph User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Duramorph sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: babynumberthree, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

This medication is a God send if you ask me. I had my first c-section in 2006 and I was in the worst pain afterwards that I have EVER experienced in my ENTIRE life. On a pain scale 1-10 I was a 10. It was so unbearable. I was also on a morphine drip.. which did not work at all. With my second pregnancy I expressed my fear of having another c-section due to the pain I was in after my first one. Needless to say, I had to have another section and this time my doctor gave me Duramorph. It was a completely different experience. I had my baby late afternoon and by the next morning, I was out of my bed (on my own) and showering. The only side effect for me was the intense itching, which was well worth it. I would rather be itchy than in excruciating pain. I am now scheduled for my 3rd c-section and have al ready requested that Duramorph be apart of my pain management after. Everyone is different, but I have to say for me, this drug was awesome.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: c hansen, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

I was given a duramorph injection prior to a total hysterectomy and was told that my recovery time would be less because of the excellent pain control. However, I was in severe pain in the recovery room and still required IV pain medications. I ended up having to return to ASU after 2 days with terrible burning pains that began in my arms and ended up with a spinal headache that was so unbearable I then returned to the ASU on the third day after my surgery for a blood patch which relieved the headache. I would not want a spinal injection ever again unless absolutely necessary!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: NJMom1999, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

Had a C-Section in 1999. Didn't know what to expect regarding pain management. Found out what I was given AFTER my bad reaction to Duramorph. While in recovery, I became very nauseous. The nausea got worse until I ended up vomiting once I got to my room. I was extremely itchy (my face) all day. I ended up with scabs on my nose from scratching so much. Anytime I've had surgery, I've told the Dr. my reaction to Duramorph. I never want to go through that again.

Comment from: EZsleep, 45-54 Female Published: December 09

I'm very sorry to hear that Duramorph did not work for you. I have been using it for the last 3 years (100 pts/ year) and the failure rate has been less than 2%, mostly due to previous drug abuse from the patients which was not notified to me. I am not implying drug abuse in your case, just trying to educate future patients. There are secondary effects from it, like itching, but they can be treated and are less bothersome than pain. If I am the patient in need of spinal/epidural anesthesia, I will request Duramorph for post op pain control.

Related Reading: drug abuse

Comment from: river7495, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

I too was given Duramorph following a Cesarean and received no pain relief from it. What was supposed to be one of the most memorable moments in my life ended up to be the most miserable experience I have ever been through. I was only able to see my baby for about 15 minutes and not again for nearly 6 hours. I had to spend the night in the ICU for pain management. If you are given a choice I would strongly advise not to take the risk with Duramorph.

Comment from: unhappy mom, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

I was nauseated and itching for 24 hours