Durezol User Reviews

Durezol - User Reviews

Durezol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Durezol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: csalte6@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

I was being treated, with other meds for a year,and nothing helped, so my Dr. prescribed this med, and after 3 days of using the drops 4 times a day ,my pain and the severe redness had disappeared, now i'm on them once a day,have dr appointment in a few days,maybe i can stop.

Comment from: cleareyes, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

I have chronic uveitis posterior/anterior (HLAB27 related to Ankylosing Spondelytis). During flares I have tried a number of different treatments: intraocular kenalog injections, prednisolone drops every 15 minutes to every hour depending on severity of flare, tobradex ointment at night, several other types of opthalmic steroids. Durezol works faster to calm flares and requires fewer drops than all others I've tried - 4x per day works better for me than generic prednisolone drops every 15 minutes. It's about 20-30x more expensive than generic prednisolone, but it's really, truly worth it. Side effects I have encountered: Slight stinging sensation when first applied to eye, increases the blur and light-sensitivity in the affected eye for around 20 minutes to an hour.

Related Reading: uveitis | prednisolone | tobradex ointment

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 05

This was one of three drops prescribed post-cataract surgery. It was to be administered four times a day for two weeks. The first time I used it, it burned slightly upon application. Over five days the burning gradually got worse. On the sixth day, about twenty minutes after the second application, my eye started to itch and I got several hives. I called the doctor and discontinued use immediately (doctor agreed). I applied an OTC cortisone cream to the hives one time. The next morning the hives were still visible but no longer itching, and my eye felt fine.

Related Reading: hives | itching

Comment from: klove202, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

I have a reaction of sneezing and my left sinus is running constantly. I am not too happy with the side effects. But my eye is not as swollen. My eyesight is not clear.It's brand new to the market so we are the guinea pigs.

Comment from: furious, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

this med caused me terrible pain/itching/burning in my eye. would not suggest useage. pain was unbearable - doctor did not recommend stoppage of drug for over two wks. by then my nerves were shot from intense pain. still having problems with eye after using the drug until it goes out of my system.

Comment from: lone, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

eye still inflamed

Comment from: Resp. Girl1231, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

A few weeks following eye surgery my eye became very inflammed and irritated. My Dr. put the Durezol drops in at his office and I felt immediate relief. One day after using the drops my eye was better than it was before it got inflammed.

Related Reading: Durezol

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

It has been extremely helpful. I can see again, and have no pain!

Comment from: 75 or over (Patient) Published: June 26

NO PROBLES AT ALL

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.