Duricef User Reviews

Duricef - User Reviews

Duricef User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Duricef sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sunbeam01, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 22

My one-year old daughter received this drug after 5 days of intravenous antibiotics to treat a blood infection. While it was successful in clearing up the remainder of the infection, it made her horribly sick. She would vomit several times for the first hour and a half after she took the drug. Then she did not want to eat or drink afterwards, so we had an issue with keeping her from becoming dehydrated. But overall, the hassle with the vomiting was worth getting rid of the blood infection. I probably would not want to give this to her again, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Comment from: grammystern@gmail.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 16

After taking this drug prophyilacticly for foot surgery, I sustained severe giant hives that continued to come out several days after stopping the medication. Very painful and can never take this drug again. I have never had a reaction to an antibiotic before.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I was given this medicine for a infection in the bone under my tooth. I had a root canal that did not relieve the infection. I was put on this med. for 7 days. I have to say that medicine easily effects me. So with this my anxiety went through the roof. Granted the situation did not help but I believe that this medicine also gave me the shakes,tremors,nausea and panic episodes. I stuck it out and used the remainder of it. But I am now leery of it.

Related Reading: anxiety | tremors

Comment from: bren457, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

I was prescribed this antibiotic after foot surgery as a precaution against infection. I took 3 doses before realizing why I was nauesous, headache, loss of appetite, malaise and unbarable stomach pain.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 31

rashing occured 1 day after treatment was finished

Comment from: ELB, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I was given this medicine to prevent infection after foot surgery.I'm not sure if this is the reason I am irritable and anxious,but I also itch all over.

Comment from: mcclusky72112, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

I had both strep and urinary tract infection - this medicine knocked it out within 2 days all symptoms were gone

Related Reading: urinary tract infection