Dyazide User Reviews

Dyazide - User Reviews

Dyazide User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Dyazide sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TEA, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 14

Have taken this drug twenty years .Only problem I encountered was trying to use generic versions that my insurance company insisted on.I can only take the original and have to pay premium price but it's worth to not have side effects..Tell your doctor if you are using a generic instead of branded drug he prescribed because all generics are not equal!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 16

Compared to Lisinopril/HCTZ this drug is much better. I do not experience loss of sleep, dizziness, or the persistent dry cough that I experienced with Lisionopril/HCTZ. In fact, Lisinopril is a dangerous way to manage blood pressure, as the side effects are very persistent and severe.

Related Reading: sleep | dizziness | cough

Comment from: Joyful, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

Took this for 3 months for high blood pressure. Started to get cramps in my legs, difficult to walk, numbness. Went to ER, my bun,creatinine, potassium levels off the charts. There was talk of dialysis. very scary. with iv fluids and 6 days in the hospital I recovered. I will not take this medicine again.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

I took this for only 2 days and my heart rate was 110 in bed resting, When I got up for work I was jittery all over my body & I felt terrible my bloddpressure was even higher I called my doctor who stated I was having an allergic reaction

Comment from: Nettie, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 22

Meniere's is not a disease that is easy to treat...but this drug is the only thing that brings some relief...if taken while I'm just Dizzy, and before I get totally overtaken with symptoms to the point I'm unable to stand up...then, I just have to wait it out! Can never go out of town without some of this in my purse!

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 10

I took Dyazide for 5 yrs. then had a bone density scan. It came back -2.43 not good. I've always been a big milk drinker so was shocked. Come to find out Dyazide has been excreting calcium from my bones, no more Dyazide for me. Check it out for yourself at osteopenia3.com/Diuretics-Osteoprosis

Related Reading: Dyazide | Diuretics

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

No side effects, successfully lowered my blood pressure, also successfully combated a water retention issue I had. All my levels are great and I'm feeling MUCH better.

Published: March 18

skin blotches

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 01

Dyazide did lower my blood pressure but not without side effects. I had developed an itchy scalp shortly thereafter, but thinking it was topically related, switched hair products, tried diffent creams, oils, etc. Nothing helped but it continued to worsen. Finally I decided it must be something I was taking. Since Dyazide/HCTZ is the only drug I take, thought I would quit taking it for a few days and see what happens. So far, the itching has subsided, gets better with each day I am not taking the Dyazide. By the way I take the generic form since my insurance refuses to pay for the name brand.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Terri, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

This medication was added for the purpose of reducing my blood pressure. I am currently on three different blood pressure medications with only marginal results. This drug is effective for me. But the muscle spasms and increased thirst are a by product of a sucessful treatment.

Related Reading: muscle spasms