Edecrin User Reviews

Edecrin - User Reviews

Edecrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Edecrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jack, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 21

Used to remove fluid retention in right leg caused by BP medication 5 mg of amlodipine. FYI, 2.5 mg of amlodipine didn't cause fluid retention; trying to get back to 2.5 mg.

Comment from: ettenbororniuw7, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 03

I would like info on Draxis the mfr of this drug

Comment from: nvrhm, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

I have been on this drug for 2 months,and seems to work ok.I am also allergic to sulfa and was on bystolic till I found out it has a sulfa ingredient that was making me sick.You have to really check for all sulfites in everything.

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I had 13 lbs of edema for 5 yrs. Allergic to sulpha meds. A potassium diuretic left me with a folic acid deficiency. That is very bad and effected my health in many ways- doctor agreed. This is the only loop diuretic that does not have sulpha. I lost all of the fluid. Only drawback is it is very caustic. Even throat gets irritated sometimes. Stomach was very irritated but after two years getting used to it. Great help to me to get all that fluid off. I weigh 114-116 now. 13 pounds of fluid really made me tired- was in early to mid 50s. Edecrin was a lifesaver. Carry around 13 extra pounds on your body and or even think about it and you will realize what I mean.

Related Reading: edema | Edecrin

Comment from: Julie, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 19

I take edecrin because I have anaphylactic responses to any sulfonomides. I have polycystic Kidney disease and have pitting edema and must take something. However, I have lost my teaching job after 18 years of teaching and have been on Cobra insurance. I cannot continue to pay the high cost of Cobra insurance. Does anyone know of any programs that help people in this situation?

Related Reading: polycystic Kidney disease

Comment from: natty, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

Have acid reflux and was doing well prior to starting medication 3 weeks ago.

Comment from: alblachowicz, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 28

this medication does not work as well as some other more economic medications. There is no generic for those who cannot afford this med. I am allergic to sulfa upon which all diuretics are based.

Related Reading: diuretics

Comment from: danielleellis, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

Took this medicine because i had a severe allergic reaction to lasix. (My throat closed up). This drug does not have sulfa. However, I had severe migraines while on this medication as well as itching and developed red pimples. Did not find this drug effective in aiding in eliminating water retention. Did assist in lowering bp a little. Stopped taking several times to confirm it was this medication causing the side effects and not bystolic which I am also on.

Related Reading: lasix | itching