Edex User Reviews

Edex - User Reviews

Edex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Edex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: harryone, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I became completely impotent after cryosurgery for prostate cancer. None of the pills worked and vacuum devices were only marginally successful. First experiences with caverject produced great erections but also hurt like H---. Eventually I reduced dosages to about 1(one) microgram by drawing about 5% of the contents of a 20 MG hypo into a small hypo commonly used by diabetics. These cost only a few cents each and have a very small needle. This method eliminates the dull pain which occurred with dosages of 5 MG or more and I get several doses per hypo. My Dr. suggests that I keep the mixed hypo in the refrigerator and discard any mixed alprostadil after one month and be very careful not to contaminate the stored medicine. I have been using this method 2 or 3 times a week for nearly one year with absolutely no problems and nothing but smiles all around.

Related Reading: prostate cancer | caverject

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I have suffered from ED for approx 10 yrs,due to diabetes. This medication works extremly well for me.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: cknsd, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 11

my boyfriend and I tried MUSE, which did'nt work at all.His urologist then prescribed 20mg of Edex. It took all of 5 minutes to work, we love it ! Also the needle is small so it was almost pain-free for him.

Related Reading: Edex

Comment from: shemNvic, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 15

My husband and I used it for the first time last night. This only after pills, (which had side effects) pumps (which did not work) and creams (well...waste of time and money. We used it (a bit skeptical) my husband hates needles. He's diabetic and after 15 min of using the entire 20cmg dose; it was like 25 all over again. It was great. But...then he got spooked because after almost 4 house it had not completely gone down and he was ready to go to ER. I examined and found it was going down and not at the rock hard erection from the beginning. after about 30 more minutes it was back down but he complained of some moderate pain. Perhaps next time we will use 1/2 of dosage to see what result we get with that. How long can we keep the remaining dose in frig 3 to 5 days? Hate to lose the meds. All in all a satifying experience with a new med.

Comment from: Kevin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

Kevin- Although I believe the cost is over the top,this is a miracle drug that has saved my new marriage. Side effects from my treatment of shingles has caused total impotance.At first it was hard to locate but a pharmacist at Wal-Mart located it and had it available within 48 hrs. My doctor had recommended using .50 ml to start and using the remainder if needed. That was not required. I now use .25 ml to start and in most cases thats all I need. Great Product!

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: Peachpit, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 22

I was a little nerveous about putting needle into penis..!!! Doctor set me up with Autoject ..You set mechanism,drop needle in,apply against side of penis.push button..it does the rest.You dont SEE or FEEL the needle AT ALL..Amazing!(especially for a needle phobic like me)..Unit has safety mechanism almost like nail gun,needs to be pressed against to fire..Drug works fantastic..I'm still working with Doctor to find optimum dosage..First few erections lasted nearly 2 hours after climax..He said take cold pill /that helped but I think dosage needs to come down a bit..Drug is expensive without prescription plan( with plan about 5-6$ a shot..not bad..I was surprised at the no nerve sensation on side of penis..5-10 minutes and I was in business...It's the way to go

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 20

Tried this treatment after years or other methods that were not really effective. Was very sucessful, able to obtain full erection.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

This is very expensive & my insurance does not cover the cost. I have found that Wal-mart Pharmacy charges half the price that CVS & Walgreens charge.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.