Effexor XR User Reviews

Effexor XR - User Reviews

Effexor XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Effexor XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MeBooNZoo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

All my life I have suffered from depression, anxiety, anger and ADD. I have tried Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Prozac but they just didn't do the trick. Effexor XR has made me a new person with zero side effects. I felt better from the first day I started the 37.5 dose and I'm now at 75. Along with ALL my symptoms being relieved, I have the added benifit of reduced hunger and carb cravings. For the first time in a long time, I don't obsess over food, feel like I'm starving even though I just ate or only feel satisfied eating high carb things. I sleep better and wake up refreshed. I've never felt so normal and productive in my life! I'm drinking more water, I'm more motivated which means more active and in 2 weeks, I've lost 7 pounds without much effort or depriving myself. I've read all the horror stories on the net and just thought this medicine needed some positive feedback. Just because it gave you some horrible side effects doesn't mean it's bad. It just means its not for you. Please don't use scare tactics to keep someone from trying it as it could change their life they way it has mine. I am aware of the withdrawal symptoms but because I feel so much better, I look forward to taking my pill in the morning so I don't miss a dose and I never plan on going off of it.

Related Reading: Zoloft | Wellbutrin

Comment from: Steakumm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

Effexor with adderal has changed my life . I am in sales and my production has increased 200%. I take the effexor 150mg in the morning and the adderal around noon. These two drugs have been life changing and given me so much more patience with clients and family.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I was put on Effexor for hot flashes and depression. I was on it for 5 years, gained 50 lbs, sweated constantly, no sexual desire, constipated, trouble urinating, and vision was failing. I decided to stop it and had withdrawels of a drug addict. It was horrible, constant dizziness for 2 weeks couldnt function or drive,then the headaches. Do not take it.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

I've been taking Effexor XR for many years and I am currently takin 300MG a day. 2 pills at 150mg per day. It helps take the edge off. Nothing is going to completely make your life stress free or problem free but this medication helps me get thru it without losing it. I recommend this medication for depression and anxiety. There are little to no side effects. Atleast I didn't have any. :-)

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I took Effexor 150 (mg) for three years. Missed a dose, here and there, and the withdrawal was intense. The electric shock feeling was terrifying the first time. I complained to my doctor ans was told that the "shock" feeling might actually be a plummet in saratonin levels. So, on my own, I cut back, first to 75mg per day and then half again. I was able to go dose free for 2-3 days before the "shock" would come and I'd take a pill. I continued just treating the "shocks" as they came until I was pill free for days, then weeks at a time. If you are ready to wean off Effexor, get your doctor to lower and break up your dosage (instead of 2x75mg per day, ask for 4x32.5). This will help you begin slowly skipping one dose and so on. Effexor is a fantastic medication and it doesn't have to be a nightmare (literally) to come off it. Pay attention to your "shocks" or crashes as you lower your dosage and treat only when you feel them. It will work. I was completely off the medication within three months and I had very little hardship.

Comment from: Escaping, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

Effexor xr has turned my life inside - out; and not for the good. I'm glad we have the chance to warn the public about this horrible drug. I don't care which experts say this medication is not addictive - they lie!!! It helps you in the beginning after you get passed the initial side effects. You then feel almost euphoric and happy. As you progress with the 'treatment' then I (along with many others) began to notice a change. You think you're just more confident and can't understand why everyone else thinks you've become an arrogant ass. That's because you are and don't realize it. You may become angry and act like a complete fool at 'the drop of a hat'. Then the darkness begins to cloud you're mind and you realize you've become a 'legal' junkie. You need this to feel in control. Nightmares may occur whenever you are able to actually sleep, dry mouth, weight gain, constipation, mood swings, dizzy spells and migraine headaches begin to occur more often; until you realize you're lost in a drug induced maze. I'm am fighting the worst battle of my life coming off of the Devil's candy. It will eventually destroy you.

Related Reading: dry mouth | constipation | migraine