Effexor User Reviews

Effexor - User Reviews

Effexor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Effexor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: April 17

I must say that Effexor is most effective at treating depression. It really helped me through a very bad time in my life. BUT I must warn anyone who is thinking of taking this medication that the withdrawl symptoms are MOST SEVERE!!! Sweating, Chills, Bad Headache, Nausea, Restlessness, Inability to sleep, Cloudy thinking just to name a few. It is impairative that anyone thinking of stopping this drug do it correctly and under the close supervision of thier doctor. The symptoms are no joke, I felt like a junkie going through detox! Review all your options to find what's right for you and be ready to endure the side effects, the more knowledge you have the better!

Related Reading: Headache | sleep

Comment from: aprile89, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 29

This didn't help my depressions at all. I only took one 75 MG pill a day, so I quite taking it after 2 or 3 months and I feel DRUNK, dizzy can't concentrate, ears buzzing. I HATE this stuff. NEVER helped and I feel like DYING now

Comment from: julijuli, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

Severe depression, anxiety, sadness. Tried many different medications over the years. My psychiatrist decided to put me on Effexor. Felt immediate relief. More cheerful, more energy and weight loss. No more side effects than any other meds. If you listen to all the cons you are setting yourself up for failure. It's scarey reading some of these reviews. I wouldn't have started it if not for a psychiatrist I trust and who monitors me closely.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 11

My mother committed suicide 10 days after coming off of this medication. Please be careful when coming off effexor.

Comment from: shaz, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 26

I have been on 3 other anti-depressants and this is the only one that worked for me!The others made my depression much much worse. I have been on Effexor for over 4 years and will probally be on it for a lot longer as I am a cronic depression sufferer.The only side effects I did suffer were cold night sweats for about a year, and night mares but compared to how I was feeling that is a small price to pay.I have also had a baby whilst on this medication with no effects to my child.He is very happy and healthy.It is very different for each and every person that is on anti-depressants and it is a very hard road to get better.I know thats all I use to hear was "one day youll feel normal, it will get better just hold on",at the time its so hard and you just dont want to but I can tell you first hand THAT IT REALLY DOES GET BETTER!!!Trust me.It couldnt get much worse right.I have had a lot of suicide around me I have recently lost 2 friends, and have in the past lost 4 family members to suicide and I tell you, you are a long time dead. There are so many things to live for but the most important thing is your self.Im still getting to know my self after 24 years but its great and scary at the same time.We all deserve to be happy and healthy and enjoy life.I hope that this has helped you and wish you all the best for the future.Just remember hold on, It does get better :-)

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: So4Real, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 28

I have tried several types of anti-depressants for years and the most I got of them was sleep (zoloft, etc.) When my doctor perscribed effexor I thought another pill thats not going to make me feel better, but I was wrong this medication has changed my life. I call it my happy pill. I am a very sensitive person and emotional to, but this pill helps me stay a float. I use to fall into depression where I couldn't eat only work go home and sleep, sometimes having to take off from work because my emotions were to high. I haven't gone through a spell like that in years and instead of losing weight now I have gained and have to start exercising to manage my weight. I tell all that effexor works.

Related Reading: zoloft

Comment from: carly, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

Doctor prescribed this med for me b/c of menopause and depression. Gave me one in the office at 3 pm and by 8:30 pm felt better than I had in 5 years! Awesome, miracle drug! - BUT no one told me about alcohol and the drug, I had a couple glasses of wine and by midnight I was throwing up like I drank a bottle of whiskey - Took me almost two days to recover from that episode - vomited for about 6 hours straight.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 22

horrible drug- causes dizziness and confusion. I would not recommend this to anyone! i would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Related Reading: dizziness