Effexor User Reviews

Effexor - User Reviews

Effexor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Effexor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

grotesquely awful withdrawal symptoms Should have a black box warning

Comment from: kanga, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 21

Initially, I thought it was working, but I think it was just summertime. I even increased the dosage. After a short time, I really didn't see any difference in my energy level or mood, actually I got more tired than usual this winter. Am trying to stop taking it right now. I am getting dizzy, nauseated, that 'drunk feeling' others have mentioned. My doctor told me there were few side effects, and rarely do people have withdrawal problems. I thought I was an exception, until I read these reviews. This isn't fun to stop using. I wouldn't recommend this to someone looking for more energy, which is why I went to my doctor in the first place. My mood isn't any better, either. I'm gaining weight because I have no energy, which continues to make me sad. I feel like I have wasted a year hoping this would work.

Comment from: Michella72, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 09

*WARNING* I have been taking this for about 3 years. It works, but at what cost. I'm was always tierd. As for sex in my life it was non existent and severe hot flashes weight gain, and sinus problemes. It fixed one probleme and gave me five more. I am now trying to get off this medication. It is so hard!! I have been pill free for 4 days and i'm dizzy I fell sick to my stomache and I just want to cry at the drop of a hat. I wish I had know of the withdrawl. At this point it is very hard to function normaly. I hope this gets better.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: lwschweyer, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 06

I take a very low dose 37.5 milligrams and it works extremely well. I have been taking it for five years.

Comment from: banditt, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I take this for panic attacks(75mg 1X day) and it works wonderful except the side effects! I've been on it for 2+ years. ButI have trouble getting my doctor to call in my refills in a timely manner and I cannot skip a dose or the withdrawl begins.I get lightheaded, stumble like a drunk, blurred vision, nausea, sweating, and SEVERE Anger Rages. They are so bad they sometimes I have to send my kids to their grandparents until I get leveled out again.(I tend to destroy things which is very unlike me) While this is the most fast acting drug to treat what it is intended to: Panic, depression, anger. The side affects of not taking it is NOT worth it. I like many others was not told of the side effects of this costly drug or I would not have began taking it. Now without it though, I feel worst than a druggie. And the amount of weight it has caused me to gain is unreal. I've gained close to 100lbs in 2 years. And the worst part is my appetite has decreased but my body absorbs every ounce of fat it gets thanks to this medicine. And sleep, I stay so tired it's unbelievable. I sleep 12-14 hrs a day more if I could. My sex life is nearly non-exsistent! Thank God, I have a understanding husband! I really would like to stop taking this Medicine. My doctor also told me that should I become pregnant to stop taking immediately. I don't think one could survive the withdrawl side effects added to the syptoms of a new pregnancy. And I can't imagine how unhealthy this med. would be for a fetus. I would recommend trying every "non-addicting" anti-depressant before taking this one. You CANNOT JUST QUIT! It is truly ADDICTING!

Related Reading: panic attacks | pregnancy

Comment from: jakki, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I was on Cymbalta and I was a depressed zombie...Effexor is Execellent! Great for hot flashes, depression, anxiety and even unrelated neck pain. I have more energy and I feel much more able to handle each day.

Related Reading: Cymbalta | neck pain

Comment from: Ladyrider, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 26

This has been the worst experience of my life with a medication at least with depression I didnt care. The severe side effects that are causing me to come off this poision happended overnight: gained 13lbs in less than a month, developed severe dry mouth so bad I would choke, severe severe rage. Im almost done with this poision and the withdrawls are horriable I lost 5lbs in this last week due to no appetitie and when I eat I throw up, I feel like I'm on speed and aggitated when I'm awake and when I crash I sleep and never want to get up, it has destroyed my life and marriage, please do you research 1st dont take your doctors word that this is a great drug i thought so until it caught up with me.

Related Reading: dry mouth