Effexor User Reviews

Effexor - User Reviews

Effexor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Effexor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jeanelizabeth, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 10

I kept fighting the idea of going back on a antidepressant, but I finally gave in. I was taking Citalopram but had to discontinue it because it conflicts with Tamoxifen which I have to be on for 5 years. For the first couple of weeks I had problems with constipation, but eventually got back to normal. Now I am "loving life" again and couldn't be happier. If I have to stay on if for the rest of my life, I'm ok with that. So far, no weight gain! :)

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: mom2two, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 09

My sister was on this medication for nine years. She feels like she has lost nine years of her life. She was very delusional,parinoid, seeing and hearing things. Finally she had a breakdown and ended up in the hospital she was screaming throwing things. The DR. that was treating said she was in orbit for two days before the other medication brought her back to reality. THER NEEDS TO BE A WARNING ABOUT THIS MEDICATION. I'm just wondering how many people are suffering needlessly due of the severe side effcts my sister suffered with while taking this medication

Comment from: Stephano, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 31

If you take this, YOU WILL GET FAT and end up more depressed than when you started. Not worth it!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 09

I took Effexor for several years. At first, I thought it was a miracle cure...my depression was cured and I lost a lot of weight!!! As time went by it was less and less effective. When the decison was made to change meds I could not get off of it! I went thru the proper procedure to wean myself off and, of course, i was doing so per my doctor's instructions, but the withdrawals were unbearable! It was like my brain was scrambled! I couldnt make ANY decisions! If someone asked me if I wanted coke or pepsi I was not capable of deciding. After much agony I finally got thru it and was put on Lexapro. Lexapro is not nearly as helpful as Effexor was, but I can go for several days without Lexapro and still function normally. I'm not sure what the deal with Effexor is, but it's a real shame because it was very effective for a long while.

Related Reading: Lexapro

Comment from: cinderella, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

After only a week I felt like a switch turned on and I'm living again, feeling happy and motivated to clean up the clutter I accumalated during my years of chronic depression