Efudex User Reviews

Efudex - User Reviews

Efudex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Efudex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: user of Efudex, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 01

(1) Very important instruction... I learned the hard way: Wait at least 10 minutes (20-30 even better) after washing applicable area. Water increases the rate of absorption. (2) the nose, and the area on each side of the nose and mouth absorb higher rates of Efudex, and may become hyper-sensitive, so it's best to apply less to these areas. This is my third time on Efudex in the last 7 years. Other times were 7 years ago and 5 years ago.

Related Reading: Efudex

Comment from: BruceQ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

A bit uncomfortable during the end weeks of usage. You will get a few stares from people who do not know you. I recommend that you use only duing the winter and late fall months. Heat makes the condition a lot more uncomfortable. The healing process is a bit slow, but the end result is well worth it. At 48 completing the process will help off set many further complications down the line. Good luck and keep your spirts up.

Comment from: QA Analyst, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

While the product is very effective, its use, esp. around the face, can be very painfull after several days of applications.

Comment from: rcast, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I'm on my 3rd X facial use of this over the past 8 years. Now I only have to use it on areas that show possible pre-cancerous condition. It does get painful, but well worth working through the pain. Better than getting cut for removal and scarring

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

Have finished the treatment. Some redness present after one week following last application. Used 2x/day for 3 weeks. Very little discomfort.

Comment from: snappy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

I started the treatment on my entire forehead on March 30. In about 5 days, it was very red and somewhat inflamed. This went on until day 23 when the blistering appeared on most of the area. For the next 4 days, it was a mess..always wiping off excess skin. Kept vaseline on it at all times, which I think helped the 'peeling' process to not be so painful. Tylenol and/or Aleve was very helpful as well. I made 2 trips back to the dr because I just couldn't get a time frame from any of the instructions available. Yes, the process was, at times, almost intolerable but, after reading about the final results, I pushed through. Once the peeling is over, the healing process is very short lived. It is April 30, exactly one month since I started and, yes, my forehead has no patchy, peely spots and is actually as smooth as a baby's behind. I am considering doing the rest of my face in the winter months. The sun and heat is very harsh on the skin throughout the whole treatment. I have bangs, so I could cover the redness by day, but immediately pulled the hair off of my forehead when not in public. I hope this review is helpful to anyone considering using this product.

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: Bob, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

I'm on my 4th round in 11 years. Was told 1st time to use it 2x day on face as long as I could. After 15 days, I looked like I had a terrible sunburn & bleeding. 2 weeks of healing & I had baby's butt skin on my face & best shave ever. Highly recommend it.

Related Reading: sunburn

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

This is my second time using this product. The first time was on my forehead where I had patches of damaged skin. The healing process was rather quick after completion of my 4th week about a year ago. I have just completed my 4th week on my hands and arms. As I continued the process, there was more sun damage than I first realized. There is a tremendous amount of redness with scabs forming over the affected areas. Don't be discouraged by the effects of the product. It works very well, and it left my forehead as smooth as a babys. Still waiting for the final results on hands and arms. But the scabs begin coming off almost immediatly after completion of the treatment. Some redness continues, but remember the affected areas were damaged and patience is required before you realize the final results. Don't give up or worry about what people see. Just explain to them what you are doing as I have done with my coworkers and friends. I just laugh and tell them that soon I'll have the skin of a teenager. And I'm 54. However I avoid the sun as much as possible where as I used to do just the opposite.