Efudex User Reviews

Efudex - User Reviews

Efudex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Efudex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: topsyturvy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

One strange effect: I applied efudex to my forehead where I had several scaly skin growths. None of them responded but an untreated area on the back of my ear-lobe responded strongly. Furthermore, sinc the treatment I have become aware of a growth on my Thyroid. Is this a psooible side effect?

Comment from: snappy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

Well, here I am again. This past Spring I used the drug on my forehead, am currently using it on my upper chest, and next week I start on my face. One thing to add from last visit. My eyes did swell up some so the dr gave me a prescription for a topical steriod and it cleared it up in a matter of two days. Eye swelling was NOT one of the side effects listed, but I believe that anytime the medicine is used close to the eyes, it could happen. I am actually anticipating it for the next round. Now, using it on your chest is more annoying than on the forehead. Every piece of clothing rubs it and it itches constantly. Hot water from the shower, while at first stings, actually makes it feel better. Am using a product called Aquaphor instead of vaseline and, while is it somewhat the same consistency, seems to be less gooey. You can get it at Target or any drug store. I am on day 10. I did a small patch last month and it took 25 days to start the peeling process but never blistered up like my forehead did. Every place you put it reacts differently and in a diferent peiod of time, by at least a few days. I could not stand to do my whole chest area at one time..could not be that cruel to myself. Will write again when I start my face. I will plan to stay out of the public eye for abour 4-5 weeks. It's the price you pay for all the years of baby oil and iodine!Hope this is helpful!

Comment from: surfman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

1st time using doesn't burn that bad or itch that bad minor burning when put on w/o taking shower first .i have copd & have had hodjkins lymphoma (in remission now 2 years)also have rheutamoid arthritis +osteoarthritis seems like i'm having trouble (at times ) with shortness of breath don't know if this is copd or the efudex have to contact doctor

Related Reading: arthritis | osteoarthritis

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I took this treatment during a recuperation for an unrelated surgical procedure, knowing I would be confined to my home. I used the medicine for facial redness due to sun exposure over the years. After 10 days, I discontinued the medication, one because my doctor advised me to but also because I could barely stand one more day of discomfort, especially around my lips. Recovery was pretty quick though, and after my skin looked fabulous. I had old friends at a reunion go on and on about how great my skin looked. They did not know I had this treatment.

Comment from: terri, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I started using 2X/day and only got to day 6 with pain and swelling on my chest. I wasn't informed of the discomfort I would have. I didn't know if I was having an allergic reaction or if this was what it was supposed to do. Went to Dr. to find out it was working as it should. Dr. said I could discontinue because of the pain and try it later on in smaller doses (amt. of days continually using). I'm not getting any sleep and it's very painful.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

no one really gave me any info so when I started blistering and peeling and burning-I had to go to the internet to find out what was happening

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

I have used Efudex three times in six years and the results are incredible. 3-4 weeks of not such nice looking skin is worth the results.

Comment from: Joe Sun, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 22

It was terribly uncomfortable, like having second degree burns. It is not for the weak of spirit. My young child could not look at my face for a few weeks. I became the poster child for skin cancer for several months. Very effective medication.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: BP in Illinois, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

Dr said I have squamous cell carcinoma..This is my 3rd/4th use on arms & 1st time on chest. Seems the more I use, the worse it looks. Painful. I had one break for a month and arms looked good, but Dr advised retreatment...looks worse than ever.